Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHRIS DOHENY / GEISHA INTERVIEW UP ON * SOUND & VISION *

Check it out *

My interview with Chris Doheny now up on SOUND & VISION page :-)

Re: CHRIS DOHENY / GEISHA INTERVIEW UP ON * SOUND & VISION *

Another great interview, just spent the last 70-80 minutes watching them all. I found Chris to be a very friendly and approachable individual who goes out of his way to communicate with any fans.

I remember taping Fools Way off the radio but I had no idea who it was or what it was called as the DJ didn't mention it. I called it "Fatal Way" in my scribbled notes on an old Silver Sound cassette (if anyone ever used those crap tapes they would know the sound was anything but silver but at 99c each they were more affordable than the $2.99 TDK's). A few weeks later a snippet appeared on Countdown so I finally knew who it was. I had seen them in the Eon FM and 3XY Melbourne Top 40 charts but didn't make the link as I didn't relate the title Fools Way to what I had recorded and as they didn't make the Top 40 nationally I didn't hear them when listening to the Australian Top 40 on Fox FM on Saturday nights.

I do remember Lee Simon was hosting the Top 8 at 8 on Eon FM (He also hosted Nightmoves on Channel 7) where viewers would call in each night and the Top 8 songs would be played at 8pm. He kept flogging Rainy Day for a few weeks and it got in for a while and later in '85 Kabuki actually was No.1 for about 4 nights. I just thought the Geisha sound was brilliant and could never understand why they didn't do better.

Anyhow, that's all useless trivia that no one needs to know.

I would highly recommend getting the new Geisha DVD though, brilliant 80's Melbourne synth/rock sound in the same vein as Pseudo Echo, Real Life, Dear Enemy, Kids In The Kitchen etc who all came out of Melbourne in that period.

Hey Guru - I remember the Silver Sound cassettes and I used them there for a while back in '88, when I use to record The Factory (videos and live performances) onto audio tape, tuning into the ABC TV signal on FM radio. Also used them to record the rage TOP 50 off the radio also. I also used to record Video Hits off the radio signal onto tape. Most have been gone, but I have one or two from The Factory with songs from Sept/Oct '88. You can only tell when it is from The Factory when you hear the crowd cheer at the end of a song - then it's a start onto the next song. I just wish I had them on video tape too!

Did anyone use to record Countdown onto audio tape when it was simulcast on Triple J in the 90's? I did it a couple of times and still have the audio of the September '81 show with Adam & The Ants and the Xmas '84 episode. These days, I record some Countdowns onto CD for listening in the car.

Anyway, I will check out the Chris Doheny interview. I have been surprised to see that rage still supprort their music on their New Release Friday night playlists.