Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
US 83 Festival

In case anyone is interested, ABC 2 have shown Days 1 (New Wave) and 2 (Heavy Metal) of US 83 Festival for the last 2 Sundays and are showing Day 3, May 30 1983, tonight, which should include the following:

* Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul
* Berlin
* Quarterflash
* U2
* Missing Persons
* The Pretenders
* Joe Walsh
* Stevie Nicks
* David Bowie

Re: US 83 Festival

Doh! I really need to watch more telly and know what's on!

****, i missed it, was that from Devore or Loreley?

You wouldn't have by chance taped U2, Guru?

Hi Stu
I just wiped them off my HDD 2 days ago but I did put all 3 episodes to DVD so I could do a copy of the U2 performance.

I imagine that the ABC will probably repeat it a bit anyhow as they showed them in August 2009 when they were first released and again in the last few weeks.

I thought all the performances were in Devore, you might have to google it to confirm. Remind me again at some stage as I have a lot to do over these holidays.

Hi Guru, that would be great if you wouldn't mind making me up a copy of the U2 performance, they did quite a few festivals in their early days including Devore on the 30th May 1983 at Glen Helen Regional Park.

If you are interested in any other of their earlier performances, let me know, i do have Devore, but the video quality is very poor, some others such as Rockpalast are quite good, as well as some old INXS festivals.

Stu