Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rage RETRO JANUARY, 2011

This is on the rage Website:

COMING UP IN 2011:
It's all retro goodness with rage digging up episodes of Countdown, Flashez, Rock Arena, Recovery, 10.30 Slot and more as well as many nuggets of rare music gold for Retro Month all January!

Usually I am P I S S E D off about hideous Recovery and 10:30 Slot. Seeing there is a Watermark now I am less ****** off but still will TOTALLY N E V E R watch either shows....

I DO hope though that Recovery and 10:30 Slot are after Countdown's, Rock Arena and Flashez as I will have to sleep in between!

Re: rage RETRO JANUARY, 2011

While I have seen a few requests for Countdowns this year, I have not seen ONE single request for either Recovery or the 10.30 Slot - so I would expect hardly any of those 2 awful shows will be aired.

Dylan Lewis has had his fair share of publicity this year thanks - what with his dire presenting of Video Hits and the appallilng work he did on the ARIA Awards earlier this month - isn't that enough to show what an untalented individual he is??

I really do loathe those two shows but if they must show them PLEASE schedule them LAST! It's horrible having to endure all that rubbish waiting for Countdown or Flashez to start. At least if they're on last it's easy to ignore them.

Still looking forward to some more awesome Flashez clips!

I find it really odd that the Countdown Revolution keeps getting overlooked?

Or was it too Generation x... no, sorry I won't get started again...

It's just that I find Recovery and the 10:30 slot to be the worst kind of Gen Y trash immaginable (albeit with a Gen X host)...

OKAY! I'll shut up.

Just wait a few years until Triple J TV starts showing up in 'retro' month It'll happen.

I have a feeling that rage will show all things James Freud/Models in the Countdown line up in January.

I also think that they will show the Countdown episode from 12/4/1987 that featured the studio performance of the Models 'Hold On' which we saw a few weeks back as part of the James Freud/Models special. Surely they would show this episode if they actually dug deep into the archives to get the 'Hold On' footage. All good I say - less than 2 weeks to go and the 1st January falls on a Saturday!

12/4/87 - Playlist:

Year: 1987
Date: 12/4/1987
Show no: 549
Summary: THIS WEEKS SHOW IS HOSTED BY PETER O'BRIEN FROM THE FLYING DOCTORS. MOLLY (WITH HAT) PRESENTS HUMDRUM AND PREVIEWS THREE MUSIC CLIPS THE HOUSEMARTINS 'CARAVAN OF LOVE'(39.33),CURIOSITY
KILLED THE CAT 'DOWN TO EARTH'(41.10),PETER WOLF 'COME AS YOU ARE'(41.29).MOLLY INTERVIEWS PETER O'BRIEN ABOUT THE FLYING DOCTORS AT THE END OF THE SHOW(53.50).LOCAL ARTISTS:
MODELS 'HOLD ON'(0.54)LIVE
THE RADIATORS 'DREAMING'(17.21)LIVE
NIOSEWORKS 'TAKE ME BACK'(26.23)
REDGUM 'ROLL IT ON ROBBIE'(35.09)
HOODOO GURUS 'WHAT'S MY SCENE'(47.04)
OVERSEAS ARTISTS:
MEL & KIM 'SHOWING OUT'(5.19)
THE PRETENDERS 'HYM TO HER'(8.59)
WANG CHUNG 'LET'S GO'(13.24)
WORLD PARTY 'SHIP OF FOOLS'(22.30)
PRINCE 'SIGN O'THE TIMES'(29.40)
MADONNA 'LA ISLA BONITA'(43.02)
PAUL LEKAKIS 'BOOM BOOM'(55.29)
NATIONAL TOP TEN:
COCKROACHES 'SHE'S THE ONE'
GABRIEL & BUSH 'DON'T GIVE UP'
MAN 2 MAN MEET MAN PARRISH 'MALE STRIPPER'
STACEY Q 'WE CONNECT'
CHANTOOZIES 'WITCH QUEEN'
BOY GEORGE 'EVERYTHING I OWN'
ROBBIE NEVIL 'C'EST LA VIE'
FRANKLIN/MICHAEL 'I KNEW YOU WERE WAITING'
EUROPE 'THE FINAL COUNTDOWN'

I wonder why there are only 9 singles featured in the Top 10 in the above playlist? Looking at it closely, I think 'Boom Boom Boom' is the No.1 single that week as it is listed as airing at 55 minutes and I'm pretty sure 'The Final Countdown' did not make it to No.1 during it's chart run.