Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Final Awards 19 July 1987

HI!

Can anyone help me with a playlist for the last Countdown awards. I can't find one in the archive site. I'm assuming teh number for the show would have been 563A or somesuch.

I really don't want to have to type one up myself being the lazy sod I am to go with this addition to my collection,

Cheers,

Ron

Re: Final Awards 19 July 1987

I'd like to also also if anyone has a playlist for the 1980 awards broadcast on 22 March 1981 (?) No. 277 (?). I couldn't find that in the archive either.

;)

THE 1980 TV WEEK ROCK MUSIC AWARDS LIVE FROM THE SYDNEY REGENT THEATRE IS HOSTED BY IAN MELDRUM, SUZI QUATRO AND JERMAINE JACKSON. MOLLY IV SUZI RE TOUR, SINGLE, SUCCESS AS FIRST FEMALE LEAD SINGER OF A ROCK BAND. JERMAINE IS IV RE JACKSON FIVE TOUR, SUCCESS, MICHAEL JACKSON. OTHER PRESENTERS ARE LEE SIMON, DONNIE SUTHERLAND, MARC HUNTER, JAMES FREUD FROM MODERN GIRL, GRAHAM RUSSEL AND RUSSEL HITCHCOCK FROM AIR SUPPLY AND RECORD PRODUCER DAVID TICKLE. COLD CHISEL SMASHED THE EQUIPMENT DURING THEIR LIVE PERFORMANCE AT THE END OF THE SHOW.;LIVE PERFORMANCES:;SPLIT ENZ 'HISTORY NEVER REPEATS';ICEHOUSE 'ICEHOUSE';SWINGERS 'COUNTING THE BEAT';AIR SUPPLY 'LOST IN LOVE', 'EVERY WOMAN IN THE WORLD', 'ALL OUT OF LOVE';AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'THE BOYS LIGHT UP';COLD CHISEL 'MY TURN TO CRY';MOST POPULAR FEMALE 1980:;CHRISTIE ALLEN 'MAGIC RHYTHM' (EXCERPT) (WINNER);ANNALISSE MORROW FROM THE NUMBERS 'FIVE LETTER WORD' (EXCERPT);LINDA NUTTER FROM THE DUGITES 'IN YOUR CAR' (EXCERPT);MOST POPULAR MALE 1980:;JON ENGLISH 'CARMILLA' (EXCERPT);JIMMY BARNES FROM COLD CHISEL 'CHEAP WINE' (EXCERPT);JAMES REYNE FROM AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'HOOCHIE GUCCI' (EXCERPT) (WINNER);MOST POPULAR GROUP 1980:;AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'INDISPOSED' (EXCERPT);COLD CHISEL 'MY BABY' (EXCERPT) (WINNER);SPLIT ENZ 'I GOT YOU' (EXCERPT);JOHNNY O'KEEFE NEW TALENT AWARD 1980:;THE DUGITES 'SOUTH PACIFIC' (EXCERPT);ICEHOUSE 'CAN'T HELP MYSELF' (EXCERPT) (WINNER);INXS 'JUST KEEP WALKING' (EXCERPT);KAREN KNOWLES 'WHY WON'T YOU EXPLAIN' (EXCERPT);BEST SINGLE RECORD 1980:;AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'DOWNHEARTED' (EXCERPT);SPLIT ENZ 'I GOT YOU' (EXCERPT) (WINNER);MONDO ROCK 'STATE OF THE HEART' (EXCERPT);BEST ALBUM 1980:;COLD CHISEL 'BEST KEPT LIES' (EXCERPT), ALBUM 'EAST' (WINNER);ICEHOUSE 'WALLS' (EXCERPT), ALBUM 'ICEHOUSE';SPLIT ENZ 'I HOPE I NEVER' (EXCERPT), ALBUM 'TRUE COLOURS';MOST POPULAR RECORD 1980:;COLD CHISEL 'CHOIR GIRL' (EXCERPT), ALBUM 'EAST' (WINNER);SPLIT ENZ 'NOBODY TAKES ME SERIOUSLY' (EXCERPT), ALBUM 'TRUE COLOURS';AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'THE BOYS LIGHT UP' (EXCERPT), ALBUM 'THE BOYS LIGHT UP';BEST RECORDED SONG WRITER 1980:;IVA DAVIES FROM ICEHOUSE;NEIL FINN FROM SPLIT ENZ;DON WALKER FROM COLD CHISEL (WINNER);BEST ALBUM COVER 1980:;AUSTRALIAN CRAWL ALBUM 'THE BOYS LIGHT UP';COLD CHISEL ALBUM 'EAST' (WINNER);ICEHOUSE ALBUM 'ICEHOUSE';SPLIT ENZ ALBUM 'TRUE COLOURS';BEST RECORD PRODUCER 1980:;CAMERON ALLEN;PETER DAWKINS;MARK OPITZ (WINNER);BEST DISC JOCKEY 1980 (WINNERS):; GARRY SHANNON FROM 6PM PERTH;WAYNE ROBERTS FROM 4BK BRISBANE;STEVE CURTIS FROM 5AB ADELAIDE;JIM FRANKLIN FROM 7HT HOBART;GREG EVANS FROM 3XY MELBOURNE;IAN MCCRAY FROM 2SM SYDNEY;MOST OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 1980:;AIR SUPPLY;COLD CHISEL (WINNER);SPLIT ENZ

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN MUSIC & VIDEO AWARDS IS PRESENTED LIVE TO AIR BY GREEDY SMITH AND WAYNE DELISLE FROM MENTAL AS ANYTHING, KATE CEBERANO FROM I'M TALKING, OLEH WITNER AND SHERRINE ABEYRATNM FROM BIG PIG, DAVE DOBBYN, PAUL AND TONY FIELD FROM COCKROACHES, JOHN FARNHAM, KYLIE MINOGUE, PETER O'BRIAN, JASON DONOVAN, JENNY MORRIS, RICHARD WILKINS (MTV), MIKE HAMMOND (2SM), CAROL HITCHCOCK, JOHN PETERS AND SUZANNE DOWLING. SPECIAL GUEST PRESENTERS ARE THE MEMBERS FROM SWING OUT SISTER AND PETER COX AND RICHARD DRUMMIE FROM GO WEST. MOLLY MELDRUM APPEARS LATE IN THE SHOW TAKING HIS HAT OFF AND SHOWING HIS BALD HEAD.;LIVE PERFORMANCES:;JOHN FARNHAM 'YOU'RE THE VOICE';JENNY MORRIS 'BODY & SOUL';CROWDED HOUSE 'BETTER BE HOME SOON', 'THE WORLD WHERE YOU LIVE';ICEHOUSE 'CRAZY';PSEUDO ECHO 'LISTENING';WA WA NEE 'SUGAR FREE';BOOM CRASH OPERA 'CITY FLAT';MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'HE'S JUST NO GOOD';SWING OUT SISTER 'BREAKOUT';JAMES REYNE 'FALL OF ROME';BEST DEBUT ACT:;CROWDED HOUSE (WINNER);WA WA NEE;BOOM CRASH OPERA;BIG PIG;BEST MALE PERFORMANCE IN A VIDEO:;JIMMI BARNES 'RIDE THE NIGHT AWAY';JOHN FARNHAM 'YOU'RE THE VOICE' (WINNER);PAUL KELLY 'BEFORE TOO LONG';DAVE MASON 'BAD MOON RISING';BEST DEBUT ALBUM:;CROWDED HOUSE ALBUM 'CROWDED HOUSE' (WINNER);I'M TALKING ALBUM 'BEAR WITNESS';WA WA NEE ALBUM 'WA WA NEE';BEST GROUP PERFORMANCE IN A VIDEO:;CROWDED HOUSE 'MEAN TO ME';INXS 'KISS THE DIRT (FALL DOWN THE MOUNTAIN)' (WINNER);MENTAL AS ANYTHING 'LET'S GO TO PARADISE';PSEUDO ECHO 'FUNKY TOWN';CROWDED HOUSE 'DON'T DREAM IT'S OVER';INXS/JIMMI BARNES 'GOOD TIMES';BEST SONG WRITER:;NEIL FINN (WINNER);PAUL KELLY;BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE IN A VIDEO:;KATE CEBERANO 'DO YOU WANNA BE';DEBBIE CONWAY 'GUNS & BUTTER';JENNY MORRIS 'YOU'RE GONNA GET HURT' (WINNER);BEST PRODUCER CHARLES FISHER;ROSS FRASER;MARK OPITZ (WINNER);MOST POPULAR INTERNATIONAL ACT:;A-HA (WINNER);DURAN DURAN;MADONNA;JOHNNY O'KEEFE AWARD FOR MOST PROMISING NEW TALENT:;BIG PIG (WINNER);UPS AND DOWNS;CATTLETRUCK;MOST POPULAR GROUP:;INXS;PSEUDO ECHO (WINNER);UNCANNY X-MEN;WA WA NEE;BEST DEBUT SINGLE:;BOOM CRASH OPERA 'GREAT WALL' (WINNER);CROWDED HOUSE 'MEAN TO ME';BIG PIG 'HUNGRY TOWN';WA WA NEE 'SIMULATION';BEST VIDEO (CLIP EXCERPTS):;CROWDED HOUSE 'DON'T DREAM IT'S OVER' (WINNER);JOHN FARNHAM 'YOU'RE THE VOICE';

Guru,

Thanks again. I just couldn't find them in the archive.

By the way its clear that the 1980 awards were repeated and labelled 'Countdown - March 1981'. Can you tell me when?

Cheers.

I'm also a little confused about what was broadcast when in terms of the Final Awards dated 19 July 1987.

Was it broadcast at the end of the night on the 16 January 1993 (my tape ran out that night and it ended with David Bowie singing 'Underground'at the end of 1986 commonwealth games episode)? Therefore the final regular show with Molly talking to Carol Hitchcock must have been the show also broadcast on the 19 July 1987 and numbered 563 on 7 January 1995.

I think I remember you saying before Guru that the final awards had only been broadcast once.

I can be very anal about these things but I like to keep my records of what was broadcast when as accurate as possible!!!

Cheers,

Ron

Ron
I grabbed those 2 playlists out of my records of the ABC archives, not CJ's lists on this site. I don't know if they are on here or not.

Was not aware that the Countdown Awards were re-labelled. They were always held in March/April the following year.

Didn't know about the 1993 broadcast at the time and missed it, I have since been given those episodes in trades so I don't know the order of the episodes. The final Countdown shown on that night (16/1/1993) was the final standard episode, 19/7/87, hosted by Carol Hitchcock. The Final Countdown Awards show (also originally aired 19/7/87) was broadcast 7/1/95 but I can't find my tape so can't confirm when it was shown in relation to other episodes.

I need to sort out all my episodes one day to see what I have got, I don't think it matches my reference list. I will probably need to do some trading of episodes with you over the Christmas holidays (rage retro may be ordinary if Ausmusic month is anything to go by) as you mentioned in your last email you were still after some, seems I am too.

Just going through a pile of videos at the moment that have been lent to me. They contain about 50 hours of clips from Countdown, Hey Hey It's Saturday, Rock Arena, Solid Gold, Wavelength, Take 5, Sounds, Simon Townsends Wonderworld, Beatbox, Saturday Morning Live, Continental Drift etc from the mid 80's. This will keep me occupied until Christmas.

Hi Kyron, Guru Bob

The 19/07/87 Awards were shown on Rage on 07/01/95 as the 3rd show in the line-up (after the 10th Anniversary and the 22/03/81 1980 Awards Show).

This is the only time the awards part of the original 19/07/87 broadcast has been repeated on Rage.

On 16/01/93 the final standard episode of 19/07/87 was shown as Guru Bob has pointed out.

Interestingly enough, I managed to tape onto videotape the entire 19/07/87 extravaganza back when it was originally broadcast on the ABC, with the ABC news presenters of the time introducing the beginning of the program and Mollys “last hurrah”. The 2 shows were actually one long, complete show at the time.

The Rage Re-runs info on this website is fairly accurate, save for an additional Friday night in January 1993 when the episodes 01/03/75 (1st colour), a December 1976 episode and the 1979 show with Iggy Pop were shown.

GURU:

Just going through a pile of videos at the moment that have been lent to me. They contain about 50 hours of clips from Countdown, Hey Hey It's Saturday, Rock Arena, Solid Gold, Wavelength, Take 5, Sounds, Simon Townsends Wonderworld, Beatbox, Saturday Morning Live, Continental Drift etc from the mid 80's. This will keep me occupied until Christmas.

OH MY GAWD, Continental Drift (WHAT A BLAST FROM THE PAST) I remember that!!!!!!!

Can i pay you a few hundred dollars for all this footage you have obtained?!

Brett
Thanks for that additional info. Did they show the full intro to colour TV when they aired the March 1 1975 episode in 1993 or was it just that 1st episode? I know that Aunty Jack introduced colour TV in a 5 minute sketch on that Friday midnight and the ABC then showed the 1st colour episode of Countdown as the first program to be shown in colour on the station from midnight to 1am followed by Monty Python and some tennis. Countdown was repeated at 6pm that Saturday night. On the Sunday night at 6pm they actually showed F Troop.

Jason
It is 50 hours of clips from various shows, I don't have actual episodes of Continental Drift, just a couple of seconds of Basia talking after a clip - she also did Rock Around The World 82-85 and Video Music 1986.

Brett,

That additional night in 1993 makes a lot of sense actually. My tape has the 10th anniversary and the commonwealth games episode on the last 2/3 and the Iggy Pop episode on the front. It was clearly taped second as it cuts into the first couple of minutues of the 10th Anniversary episode. It was 17 years ago now (I was 20 at the time) but I think I taped the last two first after something on the front and then the next week taped the Iggy Pop episode at the end of the night on the front. There was a repeat of the Iggy Pop episode the year after but I thought it was a bit odd that it took a whole year to finish the tape off (unless I put it aside although there was no indication that Countdowns were ever going to be shown again).

That would make the second night about the 23rd of January?

Cheers,

Ron

Guru,

I thought it was the other way around with the final awards being played in 93 and the Hitchcock episode played in 95. I'm clearly wrong about that.

I need to update my records!!!

Cheers,

Ron

Brett,

Actually I do remember the last studio show and the awards following on from one another being an avid watcher in the last years.

I wasn't to see the awards again for another 23 years!!!

Cheers,

Ron

Guru,

I later found the playlist on site listed in the 1980 lot as 241! But thanks again for putting both of them up for me.

It really should be listed as 277A - it would make better sense. I think I've come across this strange archiving practice before with Countdowns, but not all of them are like it.

Thanks again,

Ron

Brett,

I have a vague memory of tuning after the countdowns started on the second week (perhaps on the 23rd of January) and watching the end of an early episode. Having seen most of them again in recent years I think it might have been 12 December 1976 (episode 91) hosted by Daryl Braithwaite but I could still be wrong.

Does anyone know for certain which 76 episode was played that night?

Cheers,

Ron

guru bob
Brett
Thanks for that additional info. Did they show the full intro to colour TV when they aired the March 1 1975 episode in 1993 or was it just that 1st episode? I know that Aunty Jack introduced colour TV in a 5 minute sketch on that Friday midnight and the ABC then showed the 1st colour episode of Countdown as the first program to be shown in colour on the station from midnight to 1am followed by Monty Python and some tennis. Countdown was repeated at 6pm that Saturday night. On the Sunday night at 6pm they actually showed F Troop.

Jason
It is 50 hours of clips from various shows, I don't have actual episodes of Continental Drift, just a couple of seconds of Basia talking after a clip - she also did Rock Around The World 82-85 and Video Music 1986.

Hi Guru

Only the actual episode was aired. The full intro was obviously never kept by the ABC (I may be wrong). Don't forget this show was only returned to the ABC on U-Matic in the period just prior to being shown on Rage - for the first time since originally broadcast - in 1993. My videotape copy from that year now looks terrible - yet the 1976 and 1979 shows still look fine. Regards Brett

Kyron
Brett,

I have a vague memory of tuning after the countdowns started on the second week (perhaps on the 23rd of January) and watching the end of an early episode. Having seen most of them again in recent years I think it might have been 12 December 1976 (episode 91) hosted by Daryl Braithwaite but I could still be wrong.

Does anyone know for certain which 76 episode was played that night?

Cheers,

Ron

Hi Ron - spot on - it was 12/12/76 for sure. Just found the videotape. Starts with AC/DC in the studio.

The sequence of episodes shown on this "mystery" 1993 evening were - 01/03/75 (only missed the beginning bit), 12/12/76 and then the 1979 Iggy Pop show - which cut out 1/2 way though as my videotape ran out. I obviously wasn't worried about having that complete episode at the time either!!

Kyron
Brett,

That additional night in 1993 makes a lot of sense actually. My tape has the 10th anniversary and the commonwealth games episode on the last 2/3 and the Iggy Pop episode on the front. It was clearly taped second as it cuts into the first couple of minutues of the 10th Anniversary episode. It was 17 years ago now (I was 20 at the time) but I think I taped the last two first after something on the front and then the next week taped the Iggy Pop episode at the end of the night on the front. There was a repeat of the Iggy Pop episode the year after but I thought it was a bit odd that it took a whole year to finish the tape off (unless I put it aside although there was no indication that Countdowns were ever going to be shown again).

That would make the second night about the 23rd of January?

Cheers,

Ron

Thanks for that extra information Ron - every little bit helps!! Strange, but I also re-used videotapes back in 1993 (and all of the 1980s/early 90's before it) and so ended up with bits & pieces of Rage everywhere at the time. Maybe everyone did!! Cost of videotapes at the time too high still maybe, or we couldn't afford to buy them in bulk too much - who knows?

I have had a close look at other shows I taped in early 1993 and what you are saying also concurs with the videotaping I did at the time. I have narrowed this 2nd week of Rage in 1993 down to either 23/01 or 30/01/93 for sure. I definitely did not tape the 16/01/93 Countdowns (the first time they started playing on Rage) as I obviously was not aware until stumbling on them by accident later on in January that year - either the week after or two weeks after. I started watching Rage (whichever night it was), and what do you know, the opening titles to the 1975 Countdown launch of colour show began, so I quickly loaded a videotape and started taping - cutting in just as John Farnham starts his spoken intro.

Of course at the time, I like everyone else, assumed that the ABC must have had every episode of Countdown so the screening of this show was no big deal to me at the time. I remember being surprised just how poor quality the episode was in though - not knowing it was a U-matic transfer of course!!

The only mystery now is the Rage website with the official "Guest programmers & Specials" archive which lists only one lot of Countdowns in 1993 - on the 16th January. This is obviously the source for which Jason has provided the information for all the old Rage repeats on this site. Or did the Rage team actually supply you with any additional info Jason?

The 23rd and 30th according to the website only showed "New Release" material. This may well be correct - as the sequence of videotapes I used at the time (plus I used to allot them a consecutive number) seem to indicate that the 2nd lot of screenings which I taped were on a Friday night on Rage - NOT Saturday night. Which would make them either 22/01 or 29/01. Would this make any sense Ron? I just wish I would have written down on the videotape at the time EXACTLY when I taped them. A bit hard to remember now after 17 years!!

Regards Brett

Brett,

Back in those days I was very laisse faire about absolutely everything despite being engaged and living out on our own in a flat.

There's actually a wierd stroy behind my first Countdown tape from 1993. I actaully tossed it out in the late nineties with a lot of other off-air stuff. I immediately regretted it and woke up with it on my mind one morning. I went for a walk and had a strange compulsion to visit an 'eco-salv' business (I love junk but I had never been to this one before) and discovered all my tapes I had tossed out with my garbage there for sale. I grabbed that one and a couple of old off-air Doctor Who tapes and bought them back again for a dollar each. They still had my hand-writing on them so they were definately mine. Therefore for a couple of weeks at least it was actually out of my possession and gone forever. Perhaps this could only happen in Tassie?

I had thown out more but they had either been discarded or already sold.

I've spent a lot of time going through my parents old video collection and certainly have found that material does perserve better on higher quality tapes and this particular tape was of high quality and rather expensive (again one of the reasons as you suggest we all used to economise with them and make sure they were as full as possible).

Believe it or not!

Brett,

In terms of the dates, I actually kept a diary in those days and it might have mentioned it. However its gone walkabout as well.

Perhaps we might never know the exact dates for sure but there's enough evidence to know that there were definately two Countdown nights that January in 1993.

The second time I remember coming home late from work and my partner telling me Óh BTW Countdown is on again!'. I remember being very disapointed when it ended after the 8 July 79 episode having missed most of what was on before.

Its always th esame though, when you're 18-25, you tend to live more in the moment I suppose.

Hi again Ron – Buying back your own tapes from a thrift shop that you threw out originally – remarkable!! I must admit I have never heard of that before.

With regards to that mystery 2nd week of Countdown in 1993 – I have just watched the tape again and there are actually 4 shows shown in this order – 01/03/75, 12/12/76, 03/04/77 (100th show) and the 1979 Iggy Pop one. I forgot about the 1977 100th show special which also aired the same night!!

Brett, thankfull you have that information!

In 1993, the 4 Episodes played on the Saturday night. Do you know the date in 1993 they were played.

I need tom eventually fully fix the rage re runs section of my site after I finish all my interviews I am doing!

AHHH!!!!!!

100th Show on second Countdown night in January 1993?

Ah Brett. I've got to update my records about broadcasts -AGAIN!

Hi Ron, Jason

Now all that remains open to question is the date of this 2nd lot of Countdowns in January 1993. I will plug for Friday 22nd January – unless the Rage archive page for guest programmers and specials is wrong – and the Friday night seems to be what all the evidence is pointing towards from a close inspection of my videotape.

Jason - Is there anyone on the Rage team that would still have this information? Or was this website section on the Rage re-runs done purely with the help of contributors.

Just to complicate matters I recently acquired another video recorded off air in January 1993. This one has the first colour episode, followed by the 12 December 1976 episode (Show 91), they are heavily cut down. Then there is a major cut and then the four shows normally attribued to the 16 January (shows 10th ANniversary, 461, 519 and 563) follow.

The final show for that night was definately the final studio show. The very next clip shown was Margaret Urlich with 'Human Race' which was no. 59 in the charts that week.

It is possible that it did take a year to tape the Iggy Pop (202) episode on the front of the tape when it was broadcast on the 08 Jan 1994. The first two episodes on the tape don't appear to be second generation copies and there is the 'demagnatising effect' associated with overlaying a tape at the front to reveal what was on it originally ( I think as the heads wipe ahead a few secons before remagnetising? Forgive my scientific ignorance that could be crap).

All in all very puzzling and we might never know for certain unless there are records at the ABC I suppose!

Not sure if this helps (as I didn't start watching repeat Countdowns on Rage until 2001 :o), but Margaret Urlich's 'Human Nature' was #59 on the week ending 17th Jan 1993. I know this as I used to be a chart freak and typed them up every week back then.

edit - I used to watch the top 60 on Saturday morning, so it's possible the Margaret Urlich vid could have been from the 16th? One way to tell - I distinctly remember there being a tape error during the airing of 'Human Nature' on the 16th for most of the video (a green wavy line about 1/3 of the way down from the top) - I recorded this and kept it. Rage repeated the full top 60 at the time on the following Sunday morning; I'm not sure if the error displayed then, but it was gone the following week when 'Human Nature' was #55.

Nathan,

That's brilliant! It seems to confirm that at least the block of four listed on various sources as being shown on the 16th were indeed shown that week.

Sounds like your a bit anal like me!!!

Cheers,

Ron

> Sounds like your a bit anal like me!!!

I do have a penchant for minute details like this that seem insignificant to the masses... though it comes in handy at times, like these . Going by memory, I was thinking more along the lines of it being the 9th, but was a week out when I checked.

I just viewed some tapes from the 1994 series of repeats. The 1994 repeat of 8 July 1979 was the one with the ridiculous label 'July 1977' on it (?????). As the next time it was repeated was in 1996, the show was definately shown in January 1993 and after the special on the 16th. There wasn't that big a gap on my part in filling up the start of my first countdown tape.

I also came into possession of another tape recorded across the 1993 specials as I've said and this indicates that the first colour show and 12 December 1976 Xmas Show was shown BEFORE those shown together on the 16th (supported by video evidence and the position of teh song 'Human Race' in the charts that week). This means there was definately another night of Countdown that January probably on the 23rd which included 08 July 1979.

When it was shown the following year an Iggy Pop Special was shown and I'm watching it now as I'm writing this.

Somewhere in that mix, the 100th Show may have been broadcast as well. Perhaps in the first week or maybe the third week of Countdowns from what Brett has indicated.

I'm gonna go and shove a piece of coal up my **** now to see if I can make a diamond before morning.