Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MY EMAIL REPLY TO ABC, CONSUMER AFFAIRS!

I just sent this Email below in response to rage's GENERIC and RIDICULOUS reply to all of us!

Hi,

I find it VERY interesting that in the generic reply I got in regards to the ABC 1 Watermark on rage, that the ABC actually think that WE the loyal audience are so stupid that we can't figure out what Channel we are on!

In the generic email I got from the ABC many weeks after I originally sent an email it claims that
"The Watermark helps viewers differentiate between channels"??? !!! How absolutely RIDICULOUS!

Only ABC1 and the ABC News Channel run all night and not the other ABC Channels, so there goes that argument!

Also, rage is a NIGHT TIME Program and not a DAY TIME Program and has MANY or shall I say HAD many LOYAL viewers including myself. We all know that rage is on ABC1 for many years now!

I have been watching rage since 1987 and I have chosen to turn off rage now due to this Watermark for the last 2 months. If you read the rage Mesage Board you will see MANY others have done the same!

Isn't the ABC supposed to be the PUBLIC'S ABC?

Does the ABC really disregard what US the rage viewer's want? We keep rage rating by staying up all night every weekend, once again... Many of us DID but are NOT as long as this Watermark stays on.

As far as Copyright is concerned the ABC DO NOT own Copyright, the Record Companies own Copyright. And if the ABC are so high and mighy about Copyright then how come the Record Company on each video is NOT listed?

The ABC are not even willing to listen to the rage audience which is very hypocritical and very sad to say the least.

Not even is the ABC1 Watermark a complete NIGHTMARE to watch while viewing Music Video's it isn't even a nice clear Watermark!...
It is a huge BLUE BOX! .. WHOM EVER DESIGNED THIS lOGO NEEDS TO BE SACKED AND FAST!

The ABC have already lost many once loyal rage viewers through this decision, if the ABC want viewers to stick around and watch what was once THE world's GREATEST Music Video program in the world which stood out for the ABC then think about it.

Regards
Jason

Re: MY EMAIL REPLY TO ABC, CONSUMER AFFAIRS!

Good on you Jason!

Although they'll probably just ignore you or send you another one of their generic "Thanks for your email...we will pass your comments on to the appropriate departments and Rage."

I thought the ABC was meant to be for and owned by the public - why else do we pay 8 cents a day for it?

This is our tax-payer dollars at work and the lack of consultation and little thought for long time Rage viewers has been terrible.

With the watermark so universally ****ed, it's a wonder why it's still on - it seems we now have to live with it unfortunately - despite the mountain of protests.

One can only hope a change of management sees a change of heart....

"As far as Copyright is concerned the ABC DO NOT own Copyright, the Record Companies own Copyright. And if the ABC are so high and mighy about Copyright then how come the Record Company on each video is NOT listed?"

Good lord, the people who make these decisions have no ideas of their own (which is why the watermark is there in the first place), FFS don't give them fresh fodder.

Next week we'll be seeing (c) Geffen records or (c) EMI over the top of each clip. Bad enough we have the ABC logo.