Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More dubious 'from the vault' selections

Giving Nick Cave a run for his money, it seems the Beastie Boys' "Intergalatic" has been selected as a 'from the vault' clip for this Saturday morning.

A quick google reveals that it has been aired on Rage 107 times, the last time being a mere 6 weeks ago when Rage aired a 27-video Beastie Boys "mini" special.

Why Rage, why?

Re: More dubious 'from the vault' selections

Lack of imagination? Or the rights to the clip are expiring.

Turns out it was a 'request', which makes it even worse in a way because... out of the thousands of videos they have access to, they choose to play a request that aired but 6 weeks ago and is seen on Rage every few months . They might as well play 'Windowlicker' as a request. I see it's getting yet another airing tonight.

I had to laugh at Donna Summer's 'I Feel Love' being listed as #1 in 1977... yet they play the 1995 remix

Last week Aqua's 'Lollipop' was played as a #1, yet it peaked at #3.

Top work Rage

Modern Day Rage = Research = Oxy-Morons for sure these days.

I just had a look at this weekends playlists. I also see the Bertie Blackman blurb says that she is playing songs from various acts, like David Bowie, Radiohead etc and then it mentions Dolly Parton?? I then double checked the playlist, there is no Dolly Parton (not that I wanted there to be). I think they got it confused with ONJ's 'Jolene'. Once again, another f@#k up from rage.

For those people that have Foxtel, get onto the 'Celebrity Apprentice'. Episode 1 is being repeated on Monday night. Cyndi Lauper is a contestant and she is weird/funny ie just being herself - great stuff. There is also Bret Michaels from Poison.

^ I was going to mention the Dolly Parton thing earlier, Michael, but forgot (does that make me as bad as Rage? ). Yes, I think the confusion is over 'Jolene', though they could fook thinks up even more by playing the Dolly Parton song (does it have a video?) tonight instead.

RAGE of late seems to me to be a most apt title. It went from RAGE [Party all night to rare and rarefied clips in C.1987} to RAGE [at, now all I want to do is..}.

I notice that they've referred to Transvision Vamp as "Transition Vamp" on their home page in the Rage Tweets - just goes to show the average age of these Rage tweeters....

"Transition Vamp"

Sounds like a pop group going through menopause!

Very funny indeed

Well, Wendy James probably is, around about now or very shortly, being in her mid forties and all...