Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amanda Palmer GPing Rage

To Jase and any other Croweaters who had to sit through a boring night of election TV (is there actually any difference between the Liberal and Labour parties anyhow?) instead of getting to see Rage:

Normally I don't get too excited by Rage guest programmers - the last really good one was Richard Lowenstein late last year - but I thought that Amanda's style on the weekend was one of the best I have ever seen and I know that I would have been a bit miffed had I missed it myself. So for those in the city of churches (am I using enough cliches yet?) who missed the first hour of Saturday night and are interested in a copy, I am happy to send you one. Just let me know.

Cheers guru

Re: Amanda Palmer GPing Rage

I don't really care much for her music (well, the little of it I've heard/flicked through on Rage), but she was a brilliant, entertaining host. I especially loved her intro to Laurie Anderson's 'O Superman'. I kept all the segments of her hosting; something I rarely do unless I'm a fan of the artist.

She was amazing,wasn't she?
I'm also not a big fan of her music but absolutely loved her hosting style-she's just so "out there" and spontaneous and made for a refreshing change from some of the boring,dreary, humourless guest programmers on Rage who take themselves way too seriously!
Was a bit surprised though that the map of Australia tattoo hadn't been strategically applied by the end of the night...

I NEED the whole Special!

I only recorded bits of her intro and tracks as I didn't have much space on my Hard drive left or my IQ!

Nathan, could you do me the whole special????

Might just take you up on that Guru. Do you still have my details??