Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Duran Duran "My Own Way" Countdown performance

Not sure if anyone was aware, but the "My Own Way" Countdown performance video that rage showed at the beginning of the last January show this year was extracted from the 17/12/82 episode which was hosted by the legendary John Peters and was just a "requests" show. Well, at least that's what my research has come up with, but I do stand corrected if someone wants to tell me I'm wrong? Also, I "googled" the name of the requestee & found Maria Sarris' name and contact, or so I thought... I emailed her and realising that she was also from NSW, it had to be her that has requested DD, but unfortunatley it wasn't. She informed that Sarris was here married name and that she was never a big fan of DD anyhow, oh well

Re: Duran Duran "My Own Way" Countdown performance

Thank goodness someone FINALLY could tell me which episode it came from!

That's so COOL how you tried to track down the Duranie request girl!!!. Too bad it wasn't her!

HOWE FAB, LOVE IT BAD!!!!

Re: Duran Duran "My Own Way" Countdown performance

COUNTDOWN;FRIDAY:SHOW 20 - PROGRAM

duration: 53.09
summary: THIS SHOW IS HOSTED BY JOHN PETERS WHO PLAYS ALL FAVOURITE LOCAL AND OVERSEAS RECORDS THAT VIEWERS HAVE REQUESTED;LOCAL ARTISTS MUSIC CLIPS:;AUSTRALIAN CRAWL 'ERROL';ACDC 'LONG WAY TO THE TOP';CHURCH 'ALMOST WITH YOU';OVERSEAS ARTISTS MUSIC CLIPS:;SPANDAU BALLET 'TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT';JIMI HENDRIX 'PURPLE HAZE';SUZI QUATRO 'ROCK HARD';KISS 'SHANDI';ABBA 'SUMMER NIGHT CITY';BOOMTOWN RATS 'I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS';DURAN DURAN 'MY OWN WAY';US 'GLORIA';MADNESS 'BAGGY TROUSERS';THE JACKSONS 'BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE';EAGLES 'HOTEL CALIFORNIA'