Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown Revolution

I found this comment a little strange on the Rage Guestbook in reply to why Countdown Revolution wasn't played this year. To quote the Moderator:

"rage has access to so many old shows and segments that it is hard to squeeze everything everyone wants to see into just a few short weeks. so long as we have access to these shows, all will be considered when the time comes for the next rage goes retro."

Does that mean that Rage DOESN'T have ready access to Countdown Revolution episodes?

I would have thought most archival material would be easily accessed by Rage.

Or am I reading it the wrong way? - seemed a bit confusing.

They could have easily played some episodes this year anyway - fingers crossed for next year - I'll certainly be pushing for it when the time comes.....

Re: Countdown Revolution

I don't think that meant they don't have ready access to Countdown Revolution. I think they meant they had so much other stuff to cram in that it got lost by the wayside.

Or, my more cynical interpretation:

"rage has access to so many Gen-Y shows and segments that it is hard to squeeze everything everyone wants to see into just a few short weeks because our new team LOVE Dylan Lewis, JJJ, Big Day Out, Nick Cave and their 'ilk'. so long as we have access to these shows, no other Gen-X and earlier ones will be considered apart from the obligatory 1-2 Countdown episodes (tucked at 4am so we can get our Dylan Lewis love out of the way first) and any excuse for another Nick Cave special when the time comes for the next rage goes retro."

They didn't air any Countdown Revolution in retro month 2009 either. Even if you're not a fan of the show, at least it only takes up 30 minutes unlike 90 minutes of 10:30 Slot rubbish, or 3 hours of Recovery torture.

I think that even if someone like Kylie or PJ Harvey died, they'd use it as an excuse to reel out a 3 hour special on Nick Cave (as he dueted with them).

Re: Countdown Revolution

Nathan:
"rage has access to so many Gen-Y shows and segments that it is hard to squeeze everything everyone wants to see into just a few short weeks because our new team LOVE Dylan Lewis, JJJ, Big Day Out, Nick Cave and their 'ilk'. so long as we have access to these shows, no other Gen-X and earlier ones will be considered apart from the obligatory 1-2 Countdown episodes (tucked at 4am so we can get our Dylan Lewis love out of the way first) and any excuse for another Nick Cave special when the time comes for the next rage goes retro."

Jason:

I TOTALLY agree Nathan!!!!!!!!!!!! Not cynical, just THE TRUTH!