Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THANKYOU ABC : - )

My first entry to the forum here, and I must say, Meldrum's hat's off to the ABC for their efforts this January! 13 fresh episodes that they haven't re-run before, including one that was found from 1977 & a lot of work went into to get it to air. I wouldn't have minded a couple of Countdown Revolutions in there, instead of Recovery/10:30 Slot, but I'm not complaining. It's great that they recognise that there is a massive Countdown following out there and they are doing their best to keep us entertained. Sad it's all over now for 11 months!

Re: THANKYOU ABC : - )

Though I LOATHED the format that rage put together this January I MUST agree that they played THE best batch of Countdown Epispdes they have in years!

Most were requests and I got a LARGE amount played on my request list which I am VERY pleased about!

If they mixed it up with bits of Countdown Revolution, Beat Box and The Factory it would have been AMAZING.

But I am HAPPY I got MANY new Countdown editions which I was DESPERATE for...

Waiting another 11 months makes me SOOOO depressed and sad, NO FAIR!

YES overall the programming was fairly consistent and I don't mind the fact that the "10.30 Slot" played "Wicked Beat Sound System", "Deborah Conway" and "Splendid" on the show that aired as I am always after clips with an emphasis on Aussie female artists. Generally we cannot complain and I also saw the "Do Re Mi" Rock Arena ep that I only posted a week or 2 ago as a request so I was very excited when I saw the final Saturday playlist. Not to mention it was the one Saturday night that I didn't go out beforehand either lol.

Well, I mind LOTS that rage played 10:30 Slot 2 weeks in a row. A waste of complete GEMS they could have played....