Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown 11 March 1984

Does anyone know if the Countdown 11 March 1984 episode has ever been played on rage?

This was one of my 3 requests this year - the first 2 got up but this one didn't.

Curious that the episode from the week before (4 March) is being played this weekend!

Clip Magnet.

Re: Countdown 11 March 1984

Hey Clip

Yes the 11 March 84 ep has been shown on Rage.

It was shown during the 2000 season on 22/1/00.

That was back in the days when Rage used to show 4 or 5 Countdowns a night - what days they were!

Bugger! I have no idea how I missed that one.

It might be a long shot - but - does anyone out there have a copy of it?

Clip Magnet.

I have a complete copy of that episode on video.

Thanks to a few people on this site I was able to track down the few episodes that I missed or had power disruptions during the broadcast (although March 11 1984 is one that I recorded at the time). The hardest ones to find was the Edinburgh Commonwealth Games episode from 1986 and the final episode from July 19 1987 hosted by Carol Hitchcock that Rage showed in 1993 - the first few copies I got of those were edited so I was happy to eventually get complete broadcasts. I didn't know they were on at the time and only ended up seeing the final moments of the May 5 1985 episode by accident, as Uncanny X-Men - 50 Years closed the show, as I just happened to tune in that morning. Fortunately that episode was repeated later as was the 10th Anniversary show that were also shown that night - the only time I was ever happy that they repeated a show.

So as others were happy to help me out I am in turn also happy to help. If you have something to trade - and I am sure that a Clip Magnet would have attracted many clips - then I am sure we will be able to swap something.

Send me an email with a list of what you have and I can send you my list.

I was just gonna say I've got that ep as well Clip Magnet but Guru's taken care of things it would seem :)