Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potentially exciting news from RAGE about 70s Countdown appearances...

Two tweets from RAGE on Twitter in the last 30 minutes read as follows...

"Just unearthed a show called Studio 31 - it's 1970s Countdown performances! Don't think these have been seen in decades..."

and

"Studio 31 - performances from Adam & The Ants, Status Quo, The Police, The Ramones, The Village People, Cheap Trick, The Cure... wow!"

Can anyone add anything to this ? Any info ? Very exciting :)

Re: Potentially exciting news from RAGE about 70s Countdown appearances...

Just googled studio 31 and couldn't find anything at all ,must be a very obscure show.

Sounds very interesting!

Hopefully someone here will have some info on this show.

It is a Countdown Summer Special #8 for 1981/82 titled Studio 31 and was shown on Feb 3 1982. Countdown was filmed in Studio 31 and these are some live performances. Apart from Shaun Cassidy - which I think is from episode 101, I don't think there is anything rare. I have got a timecoded copy of it (I have 6 of the 8 specials, the only 2 I don't have is #1 Australian Made and #3 New Zealand Invasion, I would rather they showed those).

The runlist is as follows:

HOSTED BY MOLLY THIS SPECIAL FEATURED PERFORMANCES OF 8 YEARS COUNTDOWN. MOLLY IV DAME EDNA RE WORLD TOUR, SINGLE AND ELTON JOHN.;VIDEO CLIPS:;STATUS QUO 'ROLLIN' HOME' (UNSURE OF EXACT TITLE);FOREIGNER 'YOU'RE AS COLD AS ICE';JOHN COUGAR, LATER KNOWN AS JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP AND JOHN MELLENCAMP 'I NEED A LOVER';KISS 'TALK TO ME';DAME EDNA 'EVERY MOTHER WANTS A BOY LIKE ELTON';ELTON JOHN 'SONG FOR GUY';SHAUN CASSIDY 'THAT'S ROCK 'N' ROLL';ROCKY BURNETTE 'FALLIN' IN LOVE';SMOKIE 'DO TO ME';THE RAMONES 'ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL';THE CURE 'PRIMARY';VILLAGE PEOPLE 'YOU CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC' (EXCERPT), 'SPEND THE NIGHT' (EXCERPT);BOOMTOWN RATS 'SOMEONE'S LOOKING AT YOU' (EXCERPT);HALL & OATES 'KISS ON MY LIST';CHEAP TRICK 'I WANT YOU TO WANT ME';POLICE 'WALKING ON THE MOON';ADAM AND THE ANTS 'JUKEBOX';IAN DURY AND THE BLOCKHEADS 'HIT ME WITH YOUR RYTHM STICK'

Hmmmm...just about all of these are on high rotation on vh1, but if that's a studio performance of That's Rock'n'Roll by Shaun Cassidy then yes, as guru bob says...rare and it would be wonderful to see.

Regardless of how rare, or lackthereof the contents is...obviously RAGE continues to search for stuff that they hope fans of retro month will enjoy...and they DO deserve credit for that

Ta Guru..

Will definately enjoy this,and the clips are certainly diverse if nothing else.

I was reading through the message board on the RAGE site recently and I read a message from someone mentioning that a show called Studio 31 might have had some old material in it.

There was a reply from a moderator: "Thanks for the tip." Perhaps that's where they got the idea to look.

I can't find the message now.

I just found the post.

It was made on the 18th of Decemeber 2009 by 'Planet Earth' and titled '70s Countdowns':

"Author planetearth
Date/Time 18 Dec 2009 10:29:33am
Subject 70s CountDowns

Dear Moderator as u know most of the 1975 to 1978 CountDowns were deleted in late 1982, but some of the studio acts from these deleted shows were copied into a CountDown 1982 summer show called studio31. this would be a great show to play for the 70s fans. Can u look into this."

Well spotted Kyron...another example of the fact that they really do listen to us. It'd be very difficult trying to please everyone. Personally I think they do an incredible job.

They do a good job BUT the 10:30 Slot this Saturday AIN'T a good job. It's just straight out STUPID and RIDICULOUS!