Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More bad news for retro week 4 from Rage's twitter page

"Glad you all Recovery last Sat - there's more live music up this week: 10.30 Slot's Big Day Out 2000 special!"

Oh lord... More of the usual JJJ $hit they play all year round.

2000 qualifies as 'retro'?

We can only hope it's not a 2-3 hour special.

Starting with this $hite instead of Countdown etc. episodes really is boring.

Re: More bad news for retro week 4 from Rage's twitter page

from wikipedia:

"The 10.30 Slot was a music and variety show that aired on ABC TV on Friday nights between 1999 and 2000, hosted by Dylan Lewis and Angus Sampson. It was similar in format to Lewis and Sampson's previous show, Recovery, although The 10.30 Slot's late-night timeslot allowed for more adult-oriented content, compared to Recovery's youth-based focus. Ironically the program often did not start until 10.45pm."

Great, more Dylan Lewis

I fear this sets a precedent for airing episodes of Triple J TV in retro months in years to come

According to the Internet Movie Database, The 10:30 Slot episodes run for 90 minutes.

I'm guessing they'll throw in some music videos from the 'artists' featured on The Big Day Out special

You ARE JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F U C K rage!

^ I know, this retro month has been BAD. I hate how they feel the need to stick to the same format every week (I wouldn't mind if it was a good format, but it's not).

I left a comment on rage just now under a new thread 10:30 Slot ...

I didn't even bother to put it under RETRO as it ain't RETRO!

What a F U C K I N G waste of time to now play 00's on RETRO month!

I am SO P I S S E D !

The rest of rage this Saturday had better be some SERIOUS Early to late 80s material!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just left another post under What About Countdown?

I complained that Countdown seems to be last on the list as far as format this January!

Not once has Countdown been shown first YET Countdown logo is on the main rage page as the advert?!!!

I think after this year retro rage will be filled with Recovery and 10:30 slot, SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FIGURE!

I think at this rate rage may ban me from the Forum, I am over rage. And I don't care if they like my messages or not!

B A S T A R D S !

Geez that's shocking news - so a show like the 10.30 slot which ran for a year gets an airing but a show like Countdown which lasted much longer gets the shaft??

Methinks someone at Rage has a Dylan Lewis fixation - and an unhealthy one at that!

Retro this year has been all over the place - and yes I agree that stuff from the 00's can hardly be classified as 'retro' - bizarre.

When the threads come up in Rage I'll put in my 2 cents as well - Recovery and anything Dylan Lewis related is rubbish - I don't mind bits shown but not whole shows.

And all of this in spite of a large majority saying they do NOT want Recovery shown in any form - seems Rage has selective reading skills.......

Has the team at Rage changed recently or something?

They did quite a good job last year with retro month, and I thought things had been improving with the Saturday night playlist generally since 2008, unearthing more rarities. But it all seems to have gone downhill again with this year's retro month. It's like someone from Gen Y is putting it together.

If Rage aired these awful gen y shows at the end of the night they would at least be tolerable as you could ignore them much easier. I really loathed waiting until 2.15 for the real retro night to start. Enduring the Recovery videos whilst waiting for the 1977 Countdown to start was torture!

IF this rubbish goes from 11.15 to 12.45 and there are some great Countdowns and more fab Flashez/GTK clips I'll be happy. Much happier though if the night started off with a RA or some great 70's/80's videos.

^ Yes, it has really ruined retro month starting each night with something awful like this. I usually like to sit up and watch the first few hours of a retro episode live, as it doesn't quite have the same feel watching the recording Sunday afternoon.

Will you people make up your freakin' MINDS!

Two weeks ago you were raving about the amazing programming of Retro month, how the rage team were really listening, how the rage team are awesome etc. etc.

Now you're a pack of whingers. The rage team is hopeless. They don't listen. The rage team are pack of Gen Y's. SHEESH.

I wrote to rage in Nov last year requesting 3 particular Countdown episodes. They have played 2 of the 3. I am happy. 3 out of 3 would be incredible, but let's not be greedy.

OK, Recovery and 10.30 slot aren't my faves. I agree 2000 is not 'Retro'. But rage can't please everyone. Rage will never please everyone. It's is not our personal channel, believe it or not.

My suggestion - get over it.

THIS is a Countdown Forum and we are allowed to whinge all we want, THANK YOU! And if we want to whinge on the rage Forum we also can.

Freedom of speech just like the Recovery folks have their Freedom Of Speech!!!