Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Should we try asking Rage for a full Mardis Gras special this year?

I don't think they've had a proper (no guest programmer introducing the songs) one since 2000. It'd be great to see another full night of trashy pop/dance clips, though if they do it I hope they don't just stick to the usual videos played. They had a good mini-special last year with some rarer clips.

Re: Should we try asking Rage for a full Mardis Gras special this year?

Rage should definately play a Mardi Gras special - and I've just started a thread in the Guestbook about it.

The last full night of Mardi Gras programming was in 1998 where it was done by a DJ - and what a fantastic night it was too !

I've asked Rage many times since then to air another one, but they always only seem to put an hour of clips at the end of another programmer's set. I admit the last few years have seen some rare clips shown, but I want a FULL special with PLENTY of rare stuff put in.

I've put my thread in the 'Ideas and Requests' section so anyone who wants to see one put in your thoughts.

Hopefully the next Mardi Gras special wont have Sylvester's Mighty Real or Soft Cell's Tainted Love in it - great tunes but done to death methinks - unless its a rare video version as Rage showed for Tainted Love a few years back.

Cool Patrick, I'll reply to it when it appears on the Rage forum. They had a special in 2000, I'm sure of it as I taped it... though it wasn't as good as the '98 one. I remember the first Mardis Gras special I caught by chance, in '96 (back in the pre-internet days when we didn't know what was going to air) and thought it was the coolest episode I'd seen until that point

I thought we'd better ask now because otherwise they'll have their programming already set in stone for that week.

Only if they can talk Steven Ferris or one of our more well-known ones to do the show. Perhaps ask Ian Meldrum as a 'left field' choice to DJ the night.