Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tears For Fears

Can I just say how utterly rude Roland was whilst hosting Countdown. Curt seemed cool but Roland was beyond pretencious!!!

Love my TEars For Fears though!

I am still getting over the final 1984 Countdown of the night. That was INDEED my FAV Episode of the night and one of my FAV COuntdown's EVER!

So glad that rage took notice of my list and played that episode. It was so fun packed with non stop goodies!

Re: Tears For Fears

Yeh got the feeling he was looking down at one video in particular..can't recall which one.

He hated I'm Talking, what a pity...

Roland has always struck me as being a bit arrogant/pretentious. I remember reading an interview he did after Curt left in the early 90s, where he said something along the lines of hating how the perception was that they were 'two old mates' when they weren't.

How someone with a surname like Orzabal comes across as arrogant beats me!

I've heard that Roland Orzabel is a bit of a control freak. That's probably one of the reasons that Curt Smith left the group. Curt seemed to be more in the background on 'The Seeds Of Love' album. I think 'The Hurting' is their best one.

Yeah, I thought he gave the impression that he didn't want to host the show, but he seemed to enjoy doing both performances and often cracked up laughing and being a bit of a goof.

Roland sure seemed pretty rude on it....although it was entertaining to watch I must admit.

I was aghast at seeing Warwick Capper's single previewed - all I can say is what a merciful relief it was that Countdown didn't play the entire song - there are just some tunes not worth suffering through......!!

I also noticed during the Stephen Cummings clip a cameo by Rob Sitch of the D-Generation fame - interesting seeing him in something else, if only for a second.

I wonder if Roland will be a little more chilled out and less vile when they tour OZ this year. One can only hope!

Roland comes across as a completely arrogant ****** but Curt is a real sweetie and very pretty looking...

Not hard to work out which one had the most female fans is it?

Justifiably so...

The comments about Roland from Tears for Fears being a control freak are interesting. I remember when Curt left the group Roland made a public statement that he had been sick of being the only one doing any work!!!

What's that old adage about there being three sides to a story: yours, mine and the truth?!

What's the name ofStephen Cummings clip with a cameo appearance by Rob Sitch of the D-Generation fame?

Hey Nicholas

The Stephen Cummings Clip with Rob Sitch in it was called What Am I Going To Do?

Looked pretty good and I was surprised to see what a fresh faced fella Rob was back in those days. He was great in the D-Generation.

Speaking of which - when oh when will the ABC release Australia You're Standing In It on dvd?? or even a best of Tim and Debbie - surely it's time???

Australia You're Standing in it - what a classic!

Rod Quantock, the Dodgey Brothers, Chunky Custard...

ah, the memories!

Hi Nicolas, Here is the Stephen cummings clip on Youtube. Interesting that this song wasn't included on his recent remastered cd's that he released. I had to go and track the single down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb2wx27cQMc

And YES, 'Australia you're Standing in it' was a great show. ABC should release a best of on DVD or show it on ABC2. Unless they have erased these show's as well?

Thanks, Brett, I'll watch it soon and for Australia You're Standing In It, will wait to be on DVD whether could it be the best of or the complete first and second seasons featuring all of the episodes just like other Australian comedy shows includes Fast Forward and Full Frontal.

Hi Brett and all,

If the ABC did erase Australia You're Standing In It then it looks like I can help them out as I can help out you guys - I just recently rescued a few episodes of this show from some old betamax tapes I picked up at Ebay! Feel free to get in touch at the email address below (just click the email link in my post).

Currently in my collection are:

Ep 6 - 2nd November 1983
Ep 7 - 9th November 1983
Ep 8 - 16th November 1983
Season 2 Ep 3 (1984?)

I despised TFF back then and watching that ep again reminded me exactly why.

No idea how I will sit through them as support act for Spandau Ballet in April.