Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rage Requests

Guys, my friend and I have been trenching through the rage website, and apparetly they only play two requests a week. Considering they most probably get thousands of requests every week, getting your song on I guess is like one in a thousand.

Also worth considering throwing into the cocktail, the fact that most (if not all) of the staff would fit into some "JJJ" kind of culture at the ABC, us asking Rage to play good 80s clips, is like preaching to the converted. They like their indie stuff, and that's the way it is.

With respect, I'm not knocking people who love indie music, but it sure does get rather annoying when that is mostly the only kind of music played on rage for most of the year. With our tax pennies, don't the ABC have an obligation to serve everyone?? Sorry, just my rant.

Aside from that, they often play some good clips between 10 and 11 on Sat morning, would be good if they could stretch that format across the whole rage show.

Re: Rage Requests

It bugs me that most of the requests aired so far are really common videos/things they normally play anyway, such as Groove Is In the Heart . They have a massive library of music videos, but generally choose to stick to the same safe, boring selections