Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SPANDAU BALLET & TEARS FOR FEARS OZ TOUR CONFIRMED!

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.remembertheeighties.com/index2.html

Re: SPANDAU BALLET & TEARS FOR FEARS OZ TOUR CONFIRMED!

ooo fantastic! I'm sure you'll be the first to get tickets!

Should be a great concert knowing those groups and certainly overdue as well.

Hope you've received the Spandau Ballet Gold cd/dvd set by now - hopefully a Tears For Fears one will get a local release soon as well.

My Spandau arrived today actually, YAY!

Tears For Fears already have a DVD out but I don't think it is totally complete. I have the Tears For Fears "Tears Roll Down" VHS still when I bought it back in 1993 on release *

I MUST know when these tickets are going on sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Patrick,

I have put a new post onm the rage Messageboard BUT it won't show up till probably tommorrow.

The heading is SPANDAU & TEARS FOR FEARS AUS TOUR 2010:

I have asked yet again for rage to play BOTH Countdown Episodes from 1985 with Spandau Ballet and Tears For Fears Episodes. I know you would like them to as you have been asking for them.

PLEASE, can you back me up and anyone else here PLEASE +

Yes I shall definately do that when it pops up in the Guestbook tomorrow.

It makes perfect sense for Rage to show those 2 episodes - hopefully one after the other on the same night.

I'm very excited about this tour - both groups have lots of hits between them and a big fanbase and I'm thrilled they're finally making their way here, can't wait!

If rage played both Episodes after each other I think I would have to call the ambulance, hehe. WOW!!!!!

I to am looking forward to this tour BIG TIME!

I LOVE both bands BIG TIME +

Wow CJ, what a brilliant website! I just checked it out and found it to be bl**dy awsome! I've been trying to decide whether to go and see Carole King and James Taylor.
Now you've mentioned SB & TFF are touring I can safely decide to go see them instead!
Love that site Ceej! Bl**dy h*ll! Wish I'd known about it earlier.
A friend of mine was visiting yesterday and we watched the Pseudo Echo DVD (cheers Guru!). We decided we would keep an eye out to see if and when they'd tour, as well as Icehouse, and go and see them.
Now we know exactly where to go to keep a lookout.
Thanks gorgeous! How exciting!

YEP, Remember The 80's site is BRILLIANT!

Been looking at it for about 5 years now!

Patrick, rage haven't posted my Spandau/TEars For Fears thread yet.

ARGH!

Hey Patrick,

Can you put a post up about the 2 1985 Spandau & Tears For Fears Episodes being played back to back.

I want to see if they post you're message!

he, he, he...

I came, I saw, I conquered and it's done - my reply is on the Guestbook.

I hope Rage also play a few Tears For Fears clips as well - I'm desperate to see the one for 'Change' which I haven't seen in years.

Have you had a chance to check out that Spandau Ballet CD/DVD yet?

WOuld you like me to add some Tears For Fears video's to your DVD order?

Will put on Change for you, Change is my ULTIMATE FAV T4F track and video as well!!!!

I had a burnt copy of Spandau so I already know what it looks like, but I will open it and watch when I have time in the next few days...

There will be deluxe versions 2cd/dvd of Spandau Ballet's 'Diamond' and 'Journey's to glory' being released by EMI Europe March 15th 2010.

How heaven!

I see the page is up for the tour:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=SPANDAUB10

Excellent, thanks Brett.

Hopefully Roland from Tears for Fears will behave himself unlike his rather recalcitrant Countdown appearance......

Now if only Rage will show the Spandau Ballet hosted 1985 Countdown in the coming weeks - one can wish!!!

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULOUS!

Something to look forward to!

Better start planning my outfit!

I suppose all Spandau fans have already seen the episode of RockWiz featuring Tony Hadley but in case you missed it, it is being replayed tonight.

Hi Guys, I've been hearing bad news about the new Spandau Ballet Remasters, Check out Amazon.uk Feedback.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeys-Glory-Spandau-Ballet/dp/B0034GYAU8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1268703254&sr=8-3

Oh DEAR!

I just read the 3 reviews, the Remaster of "Journey's To Glory" sounds like a complete NIGHTMARE!!!!!

What a pity, someone said that the Duran Remasters are BRILLIANT and I MUST agree, though I only have the Rio "Hammersmith"/DVD and Live Cd one.

Which reminds me that i MUST order the 1st Duran DVD/CD very quick!

I am SPEWING that the reviews for Spandau are so BAD as I was looking forward to it! :( Speaking of looking forward toi things, rage have informed that la Roux as Guest on rage is CANCELED!... SHOCK, GASP, HORROR!!!!!!!!!

Me NO happy :(

Jason
If you are disappointed that La Roux will not GP Rage then you could watch Video Hits on Saturday March 27 (I know it is second rate compared to Rage and they have Dylan Lewis now). They are having a La Roux - Melbourne Fashion Week special, that may interest you.
Cheers
Guru

Spandau Ballet and Tears For Fears are in Perth playing right now!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have my Tartan Kilt, Black Frilly Blouse and more ready for Wednesday!

Will be great seeing them live - can't wait.

For those wanting to see more of them, they are set to appear on Ch 7's Sunrise morning show this Friday.

As long as Kochie and Mel don't interupt them too much, it may be worth seeing.....

Spandau were BRILLIANT in Perth last night. Weather was perfect, everyone on stage were clearly enjoying themselves (and sampling beers from a local mini brewery!).
The production of the concert is fantastic - from the opening where old news headlines are splashed onto a big white screen obscuring the stage, to Round and Round which featured gorgeous old home movies they had all done in the 80s of back stage stuff on tour buses etc.
The sound was brilliant, the set was tight. They all bopped around like they were 20 !!

And Martin and Steve are still HOT with capital H !!!!!!!!

A highlight would have to be the lovely acoustic number with just Tony and Gary. Shame I had to tolerate all the noisy drunks shrieking "sing Gold" during it.

Concert etiquette just doesnt seem to exist anymore.

I am DYING to meet Steve Norman, he is so gorgeous!

And I TOTALLY agree about concert etiquette not existing anymore, I can;t take people talking through numbers constantly, especially during quiet numbers!

PLEASE tell me that Spandau do "Instinction"!!!

My FAVOURITE Spandau Ballet single ever!!!

I am glad we are getting the opening footage with all the Blitz and The Face footage, can't wait to see it in the flesh. Will be much better than seeing it on You Tube!!!

I do hope I meet them as I have a truck load of vinyl to get signed!!!!!!!!

Can somebody who has seen the shows report on Tears For Fears for moi?!?!

PLEASE TELL ME THEY DO "CHANGE"!!!!

I am really looking forward to T4F, been a huge fan of theirs for many years, bless them +

I assume you were there last night Jason...was that you in the Steve Strange makeup & outfit ?

Overall I thought the concert was stunning BUT...Tears For Fears only doing half of "Mad World" right at the start to a pre-recorded "choir", no band...Roland not even on the stage...WTF was that about ? When they opened with it I thought surely the full song with band would come on later...I expected them to close with it. Still can't believe they didn't include it complete in their set and I'm p!ssed off about it actually. If it's one of those "oh...we don't do that song any more" things, well, they need to get over themselves. The exclusion of "Change" was also a huge disappointment. If they hadn't made those 2 f u c k ups their set would have been perfect. It was great, but it sh1ts me when artists think they're more important themselves than pleasing their fans. Boz Scaggs did the same earlier this year when he didn't do his biggest hit "What Can I Say ?". Everyone was stunned by that...pfffffffft !!!

Hey,

Yes that was indeed ME int he Steve Strange outfit!

I got there during Sowing The Seeds and I was SO upset I missed Mad World but now I feel better ans I HATE that choir version!

I was SO ****** they didn't do "Change"!!!!!!! And NO "Mother's Talk"!!!

Short set indeed but Curt sounded amazing as did the backing vocalist and Roland....

Pale Shelter and Head Over Heels were stunning as was Woman In Chains and Shout.

Spandau were so UTTERLY BRILLIANT!... That opening on the screen with all the Blitz footage and then the first 2 numbers of "To Cut A Long Story Short" and "The Freeze" were just DIVINE!!!

As was Round & Round with the vintage footage on the screen and Instinction, Chant No.1/Paint Me Down and Gold were just WOW for me!

And the stunning "I'll Fly For You" and "Highly Strung"!

They were so glorious to the crowd and So British which i ADORED!

Spandau looked FAB and I adored Martin's leather vest and pants, FAB!

I am VERY upset that I didn't meet them :-(

Had a tip off about them staying at Park Hyatt and was there is 2.30 am with no Spandau showing up. Just got back from the Airport and missed them as they flew out in the morning even though they have no show till tomorrow in bloody Sydney!

Not fair, Sydney gets them for 3 days! I would have thought they would have left this afternoon and got to the airport an 1 this afternoon. I am devastated!

No Steve Norman and Martin Kemp pics with me and no signed records and no meeting Tears For Fears either!

Can I just add that Tony Hadley's voice is just IMMACULATE!.... Not ONE bum note at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly Jason you looked amazing ! I can't believe I was sitting like 4 seats up from you...I stepped out of my seat so you could walk into yours LOL. Seriously though you looked fantastic !

Agree with everything you said about Spandau...they were stunning & flawless...just a beautiful show. I saw them back in '85 (at the then "Sports & Entertainment Centre" just across the road from Rod Laver Arena) and they were every bit as good last night as they were 25 years ago. Tony's voice is a fekking power house...he could level a city with it...incredible.

They were incredibly gracious and generous with the concert...I think they played EVERY single they ever released...and more. I wasn't sure they'd do Instinction or even Through The Barricades but they did EVERYTHING !!! Unlike Tears For Fears...hmmmmmm. Yeah all that Blitz Kids footage and the video intro was awesome, great way to start an incredible concert experience.

Did you see them at the end hugging each other even kissing each other on the cheek...I was so impressed by how genuinely humbled they were. They really GET IT about how fortunate they are to be playing these large venues all these years down the line and they obviusly DON'T take it for granted...dare I say it...unlike Tears For Fears....grrrrrrrrrrrr !

That being said, yes, Tears For Fears were STUNNING...but they did not give to the crowd in the same way that Spandau did...and they could have and SHOULD have.

Overall it was an awesome night.

I'm sorry you didn't get to meet your idols...hopefully you'll have another chance. Nevertheless we both got to experience something very special last night

Were we in the same row as me !!! ???? !!! ???

You stepped out of your seat so I could walk into mine, really?

What do you look like?

Yep we were in the same row lol. I was on the aisle seat, dark hair & beard. my partner was next to me and then you & your entourage were in the seats next to us. I doubt you would have even noticed us though as the concert was well underway when you arrived as you said. I caught a glimpse of you as you went to your seat and noticed how fab you looked in the Steve Strange get-up...but then my attention went back to the stage

Glad you all enjoyed it !!!!

I have been humming Spandau songs all week ! Did you all catch them on Sunrise and Morning Show on Friday - all their fabulous cheeky selves !!!

I dont think I can post photos here on this board so I will upload a few to an online album to show off :)

I haven't seen any Tweets on the Rage Home page that mention that they might have grabbed Spandau Ballet while they were in Sydney so I guess it was probably an opportunity missed.

Well I hope that's not the case as having them program Rage would be fantastic - one can but only hope.

Did anyone see Spandau Ballet on Sunrise last Friday? I didn't see it myself but I heard they were great on it.

No doubt would have made a change from today's Sunrise where they had that Leif Garrett/Shaun Cassidy/Jeremy Jordan impersonator Justin Bieber on it - is it just me or do a lot of today's young singers sound like Michael Jackson?

Never mind - I certainly hope Rage did indeed grab Spandau and that the promised Malcolm McLaren special airs soon......

I loved the concert on Tuesday night. The voices of all involved were fantastic and it certainly was awesome to see spandau hugging each other at the end-it was a very special 'awww' moment for me. CJ, did you say something about Jack Johnson performing before TFF? Or was I dreaming? I was pleasantly surprised to find Boom Crash Opera there playing first. Not being the expert as all of you on here, I only recognised one song, but god it was beautiful.
This is the best thing that has ever happened to me...I love you I need you...
Totally wow. I MUST download that for the ipod.

Patrick

Did anyone see Spandau Ballet on Sunrise last Friday? I didn't see it myself but I heard they were great on it.

They were hilarious on both Sunrise and later that morning on The Morning Show. All being very jolly and silly and each getting equal chatting time.
And they sung and played LIVE - unlike the mini Bieber miming thing.