Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flowers - We Can Get Together

Flowers last night on rage with "We Can Get Together"... I remember seeing that different clip somwhere before...

The copy I have is like the "Love In Motion" clip. The real 80's looking one with the graphics and animation type footage.

Where did the copy rage played last night come from?

Is it for another country????

Guru, you may be able to answer me on this one...

I was VERY excited to get a different video which I don't have from Flowers!

Re: Flowers - We Can Get Together

Wow this sounds very exciting.

I haven't gone through it all yet, this sounds like a real treat.

Just wondering, is Koo De Tah the original concept video or the Countdown performance ? Crossing fingers it's the promo !!!

Our mate John knows the story about the 2 'We Can Get Together' vids and the 2 different audio versions. John where are you? enlighten us!

Abbaluke,

rage played the PROMO for Koo De Tah and NOT the Countdown performance. Thank Goodness, YAY!

And John YES!... Please give us info on Flowers~!

I have the US version of Flowers first album on CD. I bought it a few months ago, when i found out that many of the songs were re-sung by Iva. I didn't see the clip, but was it a US version?

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been M.I.A.-Telstra/Optus hassles put my computer out of whack.
Anyway,with We Can Get Together,the clip I've got on the Masterfile video was NOTHING like what I saw last Saturday.That clip from last Saturday I'd never seen before and was fantastic.The Masterfile clip has different graphics and a re-recorded vocal from Iva Davies.Hope this has been helpful.

Michael and Redacted Adjective-due to my computer hassles,I'll be needing a new email address so once thats sorted,I'll be back in touch.

I didn't notice that there were 2 versions of this song as well. This clip appears on the Great Southern Land video. The clip on Masterfile is a second clip that was used to make the Love In Motion clip, which also appears on Great Southern Land. I learn something all the time.

Just goes to show if you like Icehouse you need to get both the compilation videos.

I would love to get 'Masterfile' and 'Great Southern Land' video comps burnt onto disc for me. Will pay good price!

Hi Michael!
I may have Masterfile but I reckon from what I've heard about the Great Southern Land video,that one's better.I wouldn't mind a copy of Great Southern Land too.

The clips on the videos are:

Great Southern Land:

Can't Help Myself
We Can Get Together (vers 1)
Walls
Sister
Love In Motion (made from We Can Get Together vers 2 footage)
Great Southern Land '82
Hey Little Girl
Street Cafe
Don't Believe Anymore
No Promises (vers 1)
Baby You're So Strange
Mr Big
Cross The Border
Touch The Fire
Great Southern Land '89

Masterfile:

Icehouse
Walls
Sister
We Can Get Together (vers.2)
Can't Help Myself
Great Southern Land
Street Cafe
Hey Little Girl
Dusty Pages
Don't Believe Anymore
Taking The Town
Mr Big
Baby You're So Strange
No Promises (vers 2)
Cross The Border
Love In Motion '92 featuring Christina Amphlett

There are 2 live videos worth getting as well being Live In Concert 1988 - which actually comprises of the official clips for My Obsession, Nothing Too Serious and Heartbreak Kid as there were no videos done for those songs - and Live at The Ritz.

The following clips don't appear on either of the compilations, being Glam, Crazy (both versions), Electric Blue, Man Of Colours, Jimmy Dean, Big Fun, Miss Divine, Anything Is Possible and Satellite. Then there are also the numerous Countdown performances.

It is definitely time for Iva to put out a complete video anthology for Icehouse.

The only clips I don't have are Crazy 2nd vers, Jimmy Dean and Mr Big live on Countdown.

Rock Arena for June 28 1986 would be interesting if the footage is live, the description is not clear if it is live or clips:
SUZANNE DOWLING PRESENTS ROCK ARENA WITH SPECIAL FEATURE ON ICEHOUSE INCLUDING IV WITH IVA DAVIES,THE LEAD SINGER. ICEHOUSE PERFORMS 'CAN'T HELP MYSELF','ICEHOUSE','GREAT SOUTHERN LAND','HEY LTTLE GIRL','NO PROMISES','BABY YOU'RE SO STRANGE' & 'MR BIG'.

As far as I know Iva was only ever interviewed on The Factory. I think they did Touch The Fire on Countdown Revolution. No idea what may exist elsewhere such as Hey Hey, Sounds etc.

Hi Guru Bob!
Thanks for that info and you're indeed right about not only a complete clip anthology,but a complete CD anthology too(a subject discussed before on this forum so I won't rehash it-oops,I just did!)
As for Iva interviews,there was the one on The Meldrum Tapes round the time of Measure For Measure.

I didn't word that too well, I meant they never did a live act on The Factory, only an interview.

Apart from Meldrum Tapes, Iva was interviewed on Countdown in episode 344 Sept 5 1982 discussing the Primitive Man album but strangely, for an Oz act that appeared live so often, he never hosted an episode.

There was also a one minute interview on Countdown Revolution and I am sure there are others.

Well, if a DVD doesn't come out in the near future, i guess one option would be for all of us to keep on requesting a full Video discography on Rage, i am sure they would have all video clips, plus of course the Countdown performances, at least that way they would all be perfect quality clips, and no VH1 or Music Max logo's & program promo's plastered all over them.

Just like they have done with Madonna, MJ, INXS, U2 etc etc.

I remember Icehouse performing 'Big Wheel' (the single) live on a Coca Cola chart show on Channel 10 in 1994.

I have both versions of 'Crazy'. Version 1 being the car smash up in a junk yard and Version 2 being Iva the DJ and in his tux at a mansion. Version 2 I have on 'Hit City 1987' the video.

...and what I would have given to host 'Rock Arena'! There are so many music hosts these days that are just absolute ******* and try-hards. At least the hosts of 'Rock Arena' were just hosts and let the music speak for itself.

guru bob, as far as I'm aware there was no video for "Jimmy Dean". When it briefly entered the lower regions of the ARIA top 50, there was no video shown for it on the Rage top 50 countdown. Also, there was a proper music video filmed for 'My Obsession' - however, I believe it was only for the US market. I had it uploaded to my account on youtube until October when my account was suspended. I'll re-upload it over the coming weeks.

Stu - unfortunately I'm not confident that Rage have all of Icehouse's videos in their archive. When 'Electric Blue' aired in November, Rage wrote on their twitter site that they'd just tracked down the video, so I assume their original copy was thrown out in the mid 90s clear-out, if not earlier. I have the Rage top 40 for 1988 and quite a few of the videos aren't aired on it then - so they'd been cleared out even before the end of the year! I resent that Rage used to decimate their library

Nathan,
I would love to get a copy of the Top 40 of 1988! Can trade for a copy of the Top 58 of 1993 (was the Top 60, but missed the first 2 clips) if interested.

Michael email me at the link below to arrange getting a copy. I have to warn you though - it's missing a lot of the videos (because I presume rage had a cull of them during 1988) - such as both Tiffany vids, Eric Carmen's Hungry Eyes, Rick Astley's Whenever You Need Somebody - probably 10 or more videos from the top 40 are missing.

I've got the top 60 for 1993, but I paused during some of the videos to fit it all on one 4-hour tape at the time. I did this for songs I didn't like at the time such as Two Princes, The Right Kind of Love. Foolishly I also did it for Wreckz-N-Effects' 'Rump Shaker', which I now like

Mmmm bugger, I might give it a miss. Do you have any other years?