Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My orders arrived!

Just have to share it with others...

My Duran Duran 1982 Hammersmith DVD with Bonus RIO video's arrived. FINALLY, "My Own Way" promo video and "Lonely In Your Nightmare" promo video available on DVD!!!!!

The packaging is GORGEOUS!

My other GEMM that arrived with Duran is "Too Shy"/ Kajagoogoo Greatest Hits CD/DVD!!!

The DVD has all Kajagoogoo with Limahl period video's BUT not all Kaja video's (missing one I love)... Anyhow, it also features Kagagoogoo's new video "Space Caddet" which is BRILLIANT!!!

It also features some Limahl video's and Kajagoogoo Top Of The Pops perfromance of "Too Shy"!!!

Thank goodness for internet otherwise us in Australia would never know about such gems as these, as Australia NEVER releases such GEMS!!!!!

Just goes to show that the UK actually give a **** about music and music history unlike this country!

Where is the same things for the likes of Pseudo Echo and Real Life in this country I ask?!!!!

Re: My orders arrived!

Woohoo, congratulations Jason!

All of those sound great and I hope to see a review of both one day!

I'm not sure why Australia doesn't get its act together in releasing stuff like that - although maybe our copyright laws are tougher than the UK's?

I know that over there they use whatever they can use in terms of archival footage and seem more than happy to cater for any niche market - but here...nothing.

Oh well if the internet is good for one thing it's for getting some great classic music to our doorsteps!

I have the Kajagoogoo cd/dvd as well. I wish it had the Limahl music clip 'Love in your eyes' which was directed by Russell Mulcahey. But it was good to have the major 3 clips from the 'White Feathers' album.My favourite clip was 'Hang On Now'. I use to have the clips on a Beta Kajagoogoo EP video tape in the early 80's. Will have to order the Duran Duran live dvd.

Not much of a live concert fan but the Rio clips sound great. Duran Duran music + exotic locations = awesomeness!

It's always puzzled me why the single version of My Own Way was omitted from some compilations like Decade.

Wiki has a reason why 'My Own Way' is not on any Duran Duran Compilation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Own_Way

I've always liked 'Careless Memories' and that's not on any either. I know it didn't chart that highly, but it was still a hit.

Interesting that the whole band dislike it and a strange decision to omit it considering many fans probably like it. Personally it's one of my favorite DD singles and I had to search for ages to find an mp3 of it.

Now it seems the only place to find the video is on this DVD.

Gary,

I too am not much of a concert/live fan...

The reason why this new Duran Duran DVD is SO special to me is for "My Own Way" video. It's my all time FAV Duran Duran video along with Planet Earth and Careless Memories.

Lonely In Your Nightmare is also a FAV track of mine from Duran, and the fact that it has also made this DVD is VERY special!...

Both My Own Way and Lonely In Your Nightmare appeared on the 1st Duran Duran video compilation released in 1983 with the new video then for "Is There Something I Should Know"...

I now have to wait for an official release for Careless Memories on DVD... I think they are releasing more stuff next year along the same lines, so I am hoping for a crystal clear release of the Careless Memories video!

would be great to just have all the vids on one set!

If..
careless memories
my own way
lonely in your nightmare
perfect day
out of my mind
someone else not me

could be added to "The Greatest" collection it'd be perfect

Just came across this DVD on ebay anyone know much about it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Duran-Duran-The-Unique-Collection-dvd-Sealed_W0QQitemZ170380331717QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item27ab758ac5

It has three 80's videos I need plus one for Nightboat which I don't think I've seen.

It's fairly cheap but I'm wary about the quality.

It's interesting you mention about a DD Unique Collection DVD Gary - as yesterday I was at a JB HI FI store and they had a 'Unique Collection' for sale for Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

This isn't the same DVD that's I mentioned earlier and will be on sale soon - this one had multiple versions of their videos over 2 discs.....at a cost of $90 (!?) I think there were 30 different videos listed on it.

Must be a series of them being made for various 80's groups - which is potentially exciting if the quality is good on them.

I sent a msg to one of the guys who bought it on ebay hoping for some feedback on the quality and if all's good I'll pick it up. He left + feedback on ebay so it seems ok.

Really can't go wrong for $10.

I came across this site, selling music dvd's, they seem to have alot of rare video clips as well, don't know about the quality though...

http://musicvideoresource.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=115&zenid=a765d80b48386b45ae060e6b2bc39bc5

This is the track listing for the Culure Club DVD, might be of interest for especially Jason.

Culture Club & Boy George: The Music Video Anthology Volume I of II

1. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me (US Version 1) MEGA RARE
2. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me (Original Conceptual UK Version 1)
3. Time (Clock of the Heart)
4. I’ll Tumble 4 Ya
5. Church of the Poison Mind
6. Karma Chameleon
7. Victims
8. It’s A Miracle
9. Black Money (Live)
10. Miss Me Blind
11. The War Song
12. The Medal Song
13. Mistake No. 3 –RARE-
14. Love Is Love
15. Move Away
16. God Thank You Woman
17. Band-Aid: Do They Know It’s Christmas? (Final Cut Version 2) (3:57)
18. Boy George: Everything I Own” (Original Conceptual Version 1 B&W) (3:49) MEGA RARE
19. Boy George: To Be Reborn” ULTRARARE
20. Boy George: Sold (3:48) ULTRARARE
21. Boy George: Don’t Take My Mind On A Trip (4:00) MEGA RARE
22. Boy George (Jesus Loves You): Bow Down Mister (music video) MEGA RARE (3:40)
23. Boy George: (Jesus Loves You): Generations of Love '91 (Director's Cut Unrated Version 1) ULTRA RARE music video that was banned in the UK and US (5:06)
24. Boy George: The Crying Game (Original Edit Version 1)
25. Boy George: Everything I Own (1994 Version 2)
26. Boy George: Fun Time (Original Adult Version 1) (3:07) MEGA RARE
27. Boy George: Il Adore (music video) (4:12) MEGA RARE
28. Boy George: Fun Time (Children's Version 2) (3:09) RARE
29. Culture Club: I Just Want To Be Loved 7/14/98 (3:48)
30. Culture Club: Your Kisses Are Charity

TOTAL RUNNING TIME 2 HOURS

Culture Club & Boy George: The Music Video Anthology Volume II of II

31. Culture Club: Cold Shoulder
32. Boy George: When Will You Learn (3:18)
33. Boy George: Everything I Own (Conceptual Colorized Version 2 from 1987)
34. Boy George: Keep Me In Mind
35. Boy George: Live My Life –RARE-
36. Boy George: No Clause #28 -RARE-
37. Boy George: You Are My Heroin -RARE-
38. Boy George: Whisper
39. Boy George: (Jesus Loves You): After The Love Has Gone ULTRA RARE
40. Boy George: (Jesus Loves You): Generations of Love '92 (Conceptual Version 2)
41. Boy George: One On One -RARE-
42. Boy George: The Crying Game (Alternate Re-Edit Version 2)
43. Boy George with P.M. Dawn: More Then Likely
44. Boy George: Same Thing In Reverse
45. Boy George: Love Is Leaving (Original Conceptual Version 1)
46. Boy George with Faithless: Why Go? -ULTRA RARE-
47. Boy George with Sash: Run, Run, Run -ULTRA RARE-
48. Godley & Crème: “World Mix” (Contains scenes from the music video Victims that they directed for CC) -ULTRA RARE-
49. Culture Club: Miss Me Blind (Storytellers Version Live)
50. Les Rythmes Digitales: (Hey You) What’s That Sound? (Special appearance by Boy George) ULTRA RARE
51. Karma Chameleon (Pop Up Version)
52. The War Song (Pop Up Version)
53. Boy George: Love Is Leaving (12” Remix Version 2) RARE
54. MARILYN: When I’m Calling Your Name RARE
55. HELEN TERRY: Love Lies Lost RARE
56. MARILYN: You Don’t Love Me RARE
57. HELEN TERRY: Now You Are Mine RARE
58. Gusto Blusto (Remix music video) 1986 ULTRA RARE (6:35)

TOTAL RUNNING TIME 2 HOURS

WOAH, THANKS STU!

Great atuff, what a cool website. I shall be en quiring about these dvd's this person sells.

Some of you find THE best links EVER!

Jason "The Moderator"
WOAH, THANKS STU!

Great atuff, what a cool website. I shall be en quiring about these dvd's this person sells.

Some of you find THE best links EVER!

Yeah i was bit unsure about this site, they are definate bootleg type DVD's, but, if you find clips that are not available anywhere else, might be worth a purchase.

Excellent site it's amazing what's out there.

Volume 4 has those hard to find 90's clips for Out Of My Mind,Someone Else Not Me and the brilliant vid for Perfect Day.. Combined with volume 1 and "the greatest" I'll pretty much have all the DD vids I need

HEY!

I have "Out Of My Mind", "Perfect Day" and "Someone Else Not Me"...

Would you just like copies from me to save you money?

I have them all in full and in stereo from rage over the years.

Let me know if you want them from me instead.

romoelectric@hotmail.com is my address *

That would be excellent, thanks..I'll email soon with my details.

Certainly an interesting website with the TV footage of greatest interest.

I saw the Icehouse section and there must be at least another 9 video clips that they don't have (Glam, Dusty Pages, No Promises 2nd vers, Crazy 2nd vers - which I also don't have, Man Of Colours, My Obsession, Anything Is Possible, Big Fun, Satellite and Miss Divine - and that's not counting at least 10 Countdown performances, Hey Little Girl on TOTP and the 1988 Live In Concert video) and Tim Finn only has one solo single - no clips for Fraction Too Much Friction, Made My Day, Staring At The Embers, In A Minor Key or his classic song about the Bopal Gas Disaster in India with No Thunder, No Fire, No Rain.

One that should interest CJ is David Sylvian with Ryuichi Sakamoto Forbidden Colours (Music Video) on the David Sylvian DVD #3.

I bought a lot of DVDs off a guy in the US once (Berlin, Talk Talk, Wang Chung, Nina Hagen, Motels, Quarterflash, Sparks, Scandal, Pat Benatar, Laura Branigan, Haysi Fantayzee, Duran Duran 12" mixes, J.Geils Band etc) and he had virtually the same material, some of which come from MTV and other from official release promos from Telegenics, Rockamerica etc but most are the official clean promos if they come from the same source.

Sigh, David Sylvian with Ryuichi Sakamoto with "Forbidden Colours". HEAVENLY +

guru bob, i have most of those Icehouse video's, myself & Michael got as many video's we had, Music Max played alot of them a while back, plus the Countdown performances, even made up a pretty cool dvd cover to go.

If anyone wants covers made up, let me know, i make up ALOT of bootleg DVD covers, such as INXS, U2, Pseudo Echo, Icehouse etc etc, here is an example of a Real Life one i whipped up.

[img=http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9759/dvd121copy.th.jpg]

I am actually making up an Icehouse 2 dvd set as follows:

THE VIDEOS:
WALLS
ICEHOUSE
WE CAN GET TOGETHER
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF
HEY LITTLE GIRL
GLAM ***
I DON'T BELIEVE ANYMORE
STREET CAFE
SISTER [LIVE]
GREAT SOUTHERN LAND
TALKING THE TOWN ***
NO PROMISES
BABY, YOUR SO STRANGE ***
MR BIG
CROSS THE BORDER
CRAZY
ELECTRIC BLUE
MAN OF COLOURS
NOTHING TOO SERIOUS [LIVE]
MISS DIVINE
TOUCH THE FIRE
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
BIG FUN
LOVE IN MOTION
CRAZY [2ND VIDEO]

*** VIDEO CLIPS TAKEN FROM COUNTDOWN

LIVE ON COUNTDOWN:
NO PROMISES
HEY LITTLE GIRL
BABY, YOU'RE SO STRANGE
LOVE IN MOTION
WE CAN GET TOGETHER
DUSTY PAGES
SISTER
CRAZY
I CAN'T HELP MYSELF
STREET CAFE

FULL INTERVIEW WITH MOLLY MELDRUM
{THE COUNTDOWN TAPES]

I made up a heavenly Icehouse DVD Compilation a couple of years ago as well...

Will have to get it out and I will list the video's and performances I put on it...

Stu
That Real Life DVD cover is superb, capturing 1980's art with a modern release. How come Catch Me I'm Falling (their 3rd single) is ahead of Openhearted (their 2nd single)? Nice to see you added one of the clips from the Salt Lake City recordings that I sent you. You don't have One Blind Love on there and I haven't seen you request that Dec 1 1985 Countdown hosted by Midge Ure yet that features it, I know they have ignored you for the last 4 years but request it again and I will back you - surely they will play it eventually. I wish I had a copy of Real Life performing Burning Blue (obviously live as they didn't make a clip), one of my favourite track of theirs.

On the Icehouse DVD, while the clips are not in release order, there is no clip for Dusty Pages (which was released on the Masterfile video), Taking The Town and Baby You're So Strange clips are on Masterfile yet you have the Countdown versions which are probably trimmed, only one version of No Promises (one version is on the Great Southern Land video and the other on the Masterfile video), no clips for My Obsession or Heartbreak Kid (take the Live versions from their 1988 concert video), Great Southern Land '89 and Satellite are also missing. I have all of these clips. Great to see you have the 2nd version of Crazy as I only of the disc jockey version. Trojan Blue and Uniform should have been released as a singles - Iva even did a German version of Uniform.

With the Countdown clips there are 2 versions of Can't Help Myself (vers 1 shown 15+29/6/1980 and vers 2 shown 10/8/80 + 16/1/82). Walls 8/2/81, Icehouse 22/3/81 and Don't Believe Anymore 22/7/84 were also performed live and I have those, as was Mr Big but I only have part of that clip. You could also add Hey Little Girl live from Top Of The Pops in 1983.

My Icehouse DVDs would be as follows, with clips in release order:

DVD 1 - The videos
Can't Help Myself
We Can Get Together
Sister
Walls
Icehouse
Love In Motion
Great Southern Land
Hey Little Girl
Glam
Street Cafe
Taking The Town
Don't Believe Anymore
Dusty Pages
No Promises (1st version)
No Promises (2nd version)
Baby You're So Strange
Mr Big
Cross The Border
Crazy (vers. 1)
Crazy (vers. 2)
Electric Blue
My Obsession (live)
Man Of Colours
Nothing Too Serious (live)
Heartbreak Kid (live)
Touch The Fire
Great Southern Land '89
Jimmy Dean (if I had the clip for it)
Big Fun
Miss Divine
Anything Is Possible
Satellite
Love In Motion with Chrissie Amphlett

DVD 2 live Countdown performances
Can't Help Myself 15/6/80
Can't Help Myself 10/8/80
We Can Get Together 28/9/1980
Sister 14/12/80
Walls 8/2/81
Icehouse 22/3/81
Love In Motion 25/10/81
Hey Little Girl 24/12/82
Hey Little Girl TOTP
Street Cafe 19/4/83
Don't Believe Anymore 22/7/84
Dusty Pages 18/11/84
No Promises 22/12/85
Baby You're So Strange 18/5/86
Mr Big 20/7/86
Crazy 19/7/87
Meldrum Tapes + other interviews

guru bob
Stu
That Real Life DVD cover is superb, capturing 1980's art with a modern release. How come Catch Me I'm Falling (their 3rd single) is ahead of Openhearted (their 2nd single)? Nice to see you added one of the clips from the Salt Lake City recordings that I sent you. You don't have One Blind Love on there and I haven't seen you request that Dec 1 1985 Countdown hosted by Midge Ure yet that features it, I know they have ignored you for the last 4 years but request it again and I will back you - surely they will play it eventually. I wish I had a copy of Real Life performing Burning Blue (obviously live as they didn't make a clip), one of my favourite track of theirs.

On the Icehouse DVD, while the clips are not in release order, there is no clip for Dusty Pages (which was released on the Masterfile video), Taking The Town and Baby You're So Strange clips are on Masterfile yet you have the Countdown versions which are probably trimmed, only one version of No Promises (one version is on the Great Southern Land video and the other on the Masterfile video), no clips for My Obsession or Heartbreak Kid (take the Live versions from their 1988 concert video), Great Southern Land '89 and Satellite are also missing. I have all of these clips. Great to see you have the 2nd version of Crazy as I only of the disc jockey version. Trojan Blue and Uniform should have been released as a singles - Iva even did a German version of Uniform.

With the Countdown clips there are 2 versions of Can't Help Myself (vers 1 shown 15+29/6/1980 and vers 2 shown 10/8/80 + 16/1/82). Walls 8/2/81, Icehouse 22/3/81 and Don't Believe Anymore 22/7/84 were also performed live and I have those, as was Mr Big but I only have part of that clip. You could also add Hey Little Girl live from Top Of The Pops in 1983.

My Icehouse DVDs would be as follows, with clips in release order:

DVD 1 - The videos
Can't Help Myself
We Can Get Together
Sister
Walls
Icehouse
Love In Motion
Great Southern Land
Hey Little Girl
Glam
Street Cafe
Taking The Town
Don't Believe Anymore
Dusty Pages
No Promises (1st version)
No Promises (2nd version)
Baby You're So Strange
Mr Big
Cross The Border
Crazy (vers. 1)
Crazy (vers. 2)
Electric Blue
My Obsession (live)
Man Of Colours
Nothing Too Serious (live)
Heartbreak Kid (live)
Touch The Fire
Great Southern Land '89
Jimmy Dean (if I had the clip for it)
Big Fun
Miss Divine
Anything Is Possible
Satellite
Love In Motion with Chrissie Amphlett

DVD 2 live Countdown performances
Can't Help Myself 15/6/80
Can't Help Myself 10/8/80
We Can Get Together 28/9/1980
Sister 14/12/80
Walls 8/2/81
Icehouse 22/3/81
Love In Motion 25/10/81
Hey Little Girl 24/12/82
Hey Little Girl TOTP
Street Cafe 19/4/83
Don't Believe Anymore 22/7/84
Dusty Pages 18/11/84
No Promises 22/12/85
Baby You're So Strange 18/5/86
Mr Big 20/7/86
Crazy 19/7/87
Meldrum Tapes + other interviews

I probably put Catch me before Openhearted as it's my all time fave, yes i have requested that Countdown on numerous occasions featuring the Countdown recorded clip of One Blind Love, but i just guess i got sick of requesting, funny, i'm not actualy a massive fan of the track, i don't mind it, but would love to get it like several others, they performed on Hey Hey, such as Let's Fall In Love twice, Heartland & Exploding Bullets, i am not sure if they ever performed the first 3 singles on there?

Burning Blue is a ripper isn't it, in fact the whole first album is brilliant in my opinion, unfortunatly David re-recorded Angel for his 80's covers cd, and it's shocking, nothing beats the original, i even prefer the original over the 89 version.

What you see is bacially what i have with the Icehouse, i never had that Masterfiles video, so basicaly most clips i have have been recorded directly from Music Max.

If you or anyones ever interested, perhaps we could chip in with what we have, and make up compelation DVD's, like i said, i can make the cover art, here are a few more i have done, although, with the Pseudo Echo one, i'll probably add all info required on there as well.

Pseudo Echo
[img=http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7566/pseudoechodvd.th.jpg]

INXS
[img=http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6307/inxs8082.th.jpg]

Another INXS, one of a stack of their concert DVD's i have, some great quality, some, not so great.
[img=http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/436/rockpalast2.th.jpg]

I also want to make up a Models DVD one day.

guru bob
Nice to see you added one of the clips from the Salt Lake City recordings that I sent you.

I whipped up a cover for that as well, in case you're interested in using it.

[img=http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5812/reallifesaltlakedvdcove.th.jpg]

If anyone wants any cover art made up, by all means, email the details & pics [otherwise i'd just google some], and make em up, it's a passion of mine, i make up alot for a U2 website, and made hundreds from an INXS forum a while back, full concerts, compelations etc etc..

I have 4 official release Icehouse videos which were:
Great Southern Land 1989
Masterfile 1992
Live In Concert 1988
Live At The Ritz

It is strange that both Great Southern Land and Masterfile, which are Best Of type videos didn't feature any clips from the Man Of Colours album and nothing from Code Blue was on Masterfile. Some clips did appear on other video compilation releases:
Crazy - Hit City 1987
Electric Blue - Regular Records 79-89 and Celebrate '88
Man Of Colours - Hit Pix '88
Nothing Too Serious - Hit Pix '88 II
Touch The Fire - Hits Of 1990 Vol 1
Great Southern Land '89 - The Songwords

STU!

OH MY GAWD!

Your covers are AMAZING!

Can you make me up some with pics and tracklistings I give you?

The Pseudo one is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!

The Inxs one is H O T, H O T, H O T *****

Jason "The Moderator"
STU!

OH MY GAWD!

Your covers are AMAZING!

Can you make me up some with pics and tracklistings I give you?

The Pseudo one is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, yeah no probs Jase, just send whatever details via email, tracklisting, credits etc etc, even if you want a particular style, you may want a retro style or a more modern depending on the dvd itself and/or artist, video compelations, concert dvd's, whatever you need.

I am actually currently making covers for EVERY SINGLE U2 concert atm, for thier latest 360 Tour, cd covers for all legal bootlegs & whatever dvd covers, they are all recorded by fans, and i have to say, some of the quality is amazing for a bootleg.

How many copies of your Icehouse DVDs do you have? I wonder if I need to order this before the band are going to release the official DVD with music videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces, etc. next year or in the near future.

What's about Divinyls?