Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Duran Duran DVD

Same here Jason, I'm only buying them for the DVD content.

Just letting you know that Foxtel's music max channel is showing season 2 of Songbook Tuesdays at 9.30pm. First up is Duran Duran, for those who missed it on ABC.

I recieved these two deluxe album. I am sad to say that the news you have heard about how bad the sound quality is true. The music has been mixed very loudly and very compressed. All i can say is keep your original CD versions, the remasters from 7 years ago,the singles box and the night version compilation. The only thing good about these deluxe sets are the DVD's and the packaging.

Sounds like they've tried to make it more "modern" but in doing so they've destroyed the dynamics of the orginal mix.
Louder does not = better.

Got the DVD and watched it today.

My word this DVD is THE best DVD ever!... Just so many RARE things on it and the quality is IMMACULATE!

A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DVD on these Deluxe editions are great. It was good to see the 'Friends Of Mine' video, as i had only seen it on 'Youtube'.

I know... "Friends Of Mine" clip is AMAZING!

So nice to have a CLEAR copy after the blurry You Tube upload...

The quality of the videos and performances are crystal CLEAR, WOW !

I am over joyed and the Old Grey Whistle Test footage is so SUBLIME *** Those performances are so AMAZING. They sounded BRILLIANT live from day one!

I must say that the Demo's sound fine to me, they don't sound badly remastered!

I haven't listened to the actual album remastered yet, as the DVD is what I wanted the most. The Post Cards and Poster is STUNNING!

LOVE the DVD content and the packaging is GREAT. Hope all the rest of the re-issue's have the same goodies. I don't think the demo's have been touched as much as the main stuff. The rockier version of 'Girls on Film' is an interesting listen.

have you guys seen this before?

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/rio-classic-albums/386637

Yes Michael, the Classic Albums: Rio dvd is great.

In fact I first noted this in the first thread on this topic:

"I should also mention the Classic Albums DVD focussing on the Rio album is great too - although I did miss Andy Taylor's input - but never mind the rest of the band were very enlightening."

I've seen it a few times since then and still find it interesting.

Hopefully Duran Duran will come back here soon, they're always great value for money.

Not sure if anyone is interested but ABC 2 are replaying the Duran Duran Songbook 2 parter currently that was shown on ABC 1 earlier this year. Part 1 was last week and part 2 tonight after Jools Holland.

1 2