Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday 7th November Ross Wilson programme's r a g e

Just saw on r a g e that Mr Ross Wilson will be programming during this 70s AUS Music Special...

I wonder if r a g e will play a Mondo Rock special after it seeing Mondo are from the 80s, who knows?!

Re: Saturday 7th November Ross Wilson programme's r a g e

Hi Jason!
Yes-a Mondo Rock special afterwards would be an absolute cracker.Also,I wonder if Bop Girl will make an appearance?
Should do-he wrote it and he's in the clip too.

Bop Girl really should have been played on rage after Richard Lowenstein's programming as he directed the video.

If it aint on after Ross Wilson seeing it's 80s and not 70s, it should hopefully make the 80s special.

I REALLY hope the 80s Special isn't the same old typical OZ videos. I hope we get some underground stuff and moire obscurities. If it is full of Cold Chisel, Australian Crawl and The Angels I will NOT be a happy boi at all!!!!!!!!!!

But as I am in the 70s thread, I still am not that excited as Australian 70s just doesen't do it for me. As Australia didn't get more New Wave till about 1979 ish.

Maybe Rage will play some Jimmy & the Boys videos for the 1979 section?? They could play some solo Ignatius Jones material in the 80's special surely.

But as for Ross Wilson - I would assume Daddy Cool videos would be played in the 70's special and Mondo Rock for the 80's?

Rage have been reasonably adventurous with their specials of late so fingers crossed they don't drag up the usual suspects...but I would imagine some Countdown performances will be played for both specials - with any luck.

I thought Gillain Armstrong directed the 'Bop Girl' music clip? As there was a big fuss about the clip being made by her at the time.

Yes I was wondering why they hadn't got a 70s artist to GP Rage for the 70s Ausmusic special,when they have one for their 80s special the next week!

Will be interesting to see what Ross chooses-probably quite a few of Daddy Cool's early 70s Aus. contemporaries of that era ...

Gillian Armstrong did direct the 'Bop Girl' video. I have it straight from the mouth of Pat and Molly (from the 25 Sept '83 episode).