Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"To Lose My Life" -White Lies

Jason-Have you heard this song or seen the clip?

Have a feeling that you would appreciate it as it is very 80s but in a good way!!
The clip was on Rage a couple of months back.
Just listening to it now -such a good song...

Re: "To Lose My Life" -White Lies

Hi Christina,

I went to You Tube to see what track you were talking about. And YES, I saw the video on rage months back as well. I am certain I recorded the video when it was on rage. It's SOOOOOOOO beautiful and dark and VERY Early 80s mysterious +

It's SOOO catchy, can't get it out of my head now, since I heard it again a few miutes ago. I LOVE the part in the video when he is in the room with all the dolls, SO New Romantic, sigh ...

Re: "To Lose My Life" -White Lies

Just knew you would love this track,Jason!!

Very "New Romantic" indeed and so successfully channelling that early 80s sound with more than a hint of Ultravox,Tears For Fears and Depeche in there.
Apparently the band say they weren't much influenced by that musical era because they weren't even born then but it sure sounds like they were....