Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Australian Wave

I am currently working on a MEGA extensive history of Australian New Wave and Dance music CD collection called The Australian Wave... A bunch of vinyl I have etc is being put onto cd.

I NEED a crisp copy of Without You by Eurogliders, anyone have a copy from the Best Of EUROGLIDERS cd they can send me?

Mine is a bit crappy!

romoelectric@hotmail.com

Re: The Australian Wave

Hi Jason

Do you want mp3 or flac or wav?

If you want mp3 how good do you want the quality

Thanks

Lee

Hi Jason again

If you need anything else I have stacks on CD

Moving Pictures, Dear Enemy, I'm Talking, Pseudo Echo's - Best Of and Love An Adventure, Icehouse and plenty of others

Thanks

Lee

Geez, this whole wave mp3 thing.

I think I need a Wave and also an mp3 if you can. Just the version from The Best Of "Eurogliders" which would play fine, I would say!

CJ
While we are on the topic of sending material, I haven't received that Real Life clip as yet that you said you were copying a few weeks ago. Let me know if everything is OK.

Thanks for backing up my request of Beargarden clips to be shown after the Richard Lowenstein GP on Rage, which will probably be some time in October. I always try to think laterally and find links to music I like and that just stood out as an option.

Hi Jason!
Can you give us anymore details about this project eg.artists and songs(Eurogliders aside-great choice of song-I'm sure it'll be even better for you when you get it)or is still early days?
Sounds very tempting though.

Basically it's a quite broad collection of Australian New Wave, New Romantic, Post Punk, Pop, Dance Music from 1979/80 to the present.

So everything from La Femme, Ignatius Jones, Serious Young Insects, Sardine V, Dugites, Essendon Airport, Fruit Pastilles through to MANY very OBSCURE 80s bands from I.T., Arvo, Safehouse through to our fav's like Pseudo, Real Life, Kids In The Kitchen, Machinations to the Experimental Dance of Severed Heads, Box Car, Zah Zah Zah all the way through to the present OZ breed of Cut Copy,The Presets e.t.c!.

I am looking forward to getting it done.

I may sell some copies through this site, if anyone is prepared to buy them once they are done with art work e.t.c... And they will be at a reasonable price.

Just to get Vol.01 done is tqaking a SERIOUSLY LONG time, trying to make the vinyl sound as good as it can and all the track details e.t.c.!!!

And I am looking at having at least Volumes 01 to Volume 10!

Guru,

Will send ur DVD on Friday. Mind you, it only has Real Life on Solid Gold on it!.. OOPS!

You will have it by Monday, so sorry. I need constant reminding!... I have been rather busy the past few weeks!!!!
And I am MORE than HAPPY to back up your video requests on rage as I agree with you 101%!

Jason "The Moderator"
Basically it's a quite broad collection of Australian New Wave, New Romantic, Post Punk, Pop, Dance Music from 1979/80 to the present.

So everything from La Femme, Ignatius Jones, Serious Young Insects, Sardine V, Dugites, Essendon Airport, Fruit Pastilles through to MANY very OBSCURE 80s bands from I.T., Arvo, Safehouse through to our fav's like Pseudo, Real Life, Kids In The Kitchen, Machinations to the Experimental Dance of Severed Heads, Box Car, Zah Zah Zah all the way through to the present OZ breed of Cut Copy,The Presets e.t.c!.

I am looking forward to getting it done.

I may sell some copies through this site, if anyone is prepared to buy them once they are done with art work e.t.c... And they will be at a reasonable price.

Just to get Vol.01 done is tqaking a SERIOUSLY LONG time, trying to make the vinyl sound as good as it can and all the track details e.t.c.!!!

Sounds very exciting Jason.

I was a very big fan of Boxcar, have their albums & singles on cd and a few 12" singles as well, saw them live when they supported the Pet Shop Boys at the Tennis Centre in the early 90's.

I saw Boxcar in 1994 as support for Pet Shop Boys as well!... They were GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!