Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Countdown 2010 request!

The Countdown Episode below is THE episode I want MOST in 2010!!!

I requested this SO much for 2009 but it NEVER made it... Guru and any others who like this episode, PLEASE request it on the rage Guestbook closer to the end of the year. I may start my requests in late October.

Year:1982
Date:24/10/1982
Show no:350

Summary:CAROL POPE FROM ROUGH TRADE IS GUEST PRESENTER.

LIVE STUDIO ITEMS:
CAROL POPE 'ALL TOUCH'
SERIOUS YOUNG INSECTS 'FARAWAY PLACES'
REELS 'THIS GUY'S IN LOVE'
MOIR SISTERS 'SO EXCITED'

CHARTBUSTERS:
IN MELBOURNE:JO JO ZEP 'TAXI MARY'
IN ADELAIDE:VERTICAL HOLD 'TEARS OF EMOTION'
IN SYDNEY:CLASH 'ROCK THE CASBAH'
IN BRISBANE 'OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN 'HEART ATTACK'
IN TASMANIA: HOT CHOCOLATE 'IT STARTED WITH A KISS'
IN PERTH:CAROL POPE 'ALL TOUCH'
OVERSEAS ARTISTS VIDEO CIPS:

ADAM ANT 'FRIEND OR FOE'
KING TRIGGER 'THE RIVER'
SIMPLE MINDS 'GLITTERING PRIZE'
PRETENDERS 'BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG'

HUMDRUM ITEMS:
RIPTIDES 'HEARTS & FLOWERS'
ICEHOUSE 'HEY LITTLE GIRL'
BELLE STARS 'THE CLAPPING SONG'
HAZY FANTAYZEE 'JOHN WAYNE IS BIG LEGGING'

TOP TEN ITEMS:
FRIDA 'I KNOW THERE'S SOMETHING GOING ON'
YAZOO 'DON'T GO'
MELISSA MANCHESTER 'YOU SHOULD HEAR HOW SHE TALKS ABOUT YOU'
CHICAGO 'HARD TO SAY I'M SORRY'
CHEAP TRICK 'IF YOU WANT MY LOVE'
JOE JACKSON 'REAL MEN'
TRIO 'DA DA DA'
BANANARAMA 'SHY BOY'
DEXY'S MIDNITE RUNNERS 'COME ON EILEEN'
SURVIVOR 'EYE OF THE TIGER'

Re: Countdown 2010 request!

Good choice. I see that it includes Vertical Hold's 'Tears of Emotion'....a song I remember very well.

I'd be happy to push for that one.

I've got my own (reasonably short!) list of eps I want Rage to play. I'll post them up when I get them in order - I know Rage don't like it when they see a huge list before them, seems to confuse them rather.

Looks like a good one and it includes one of my fave songs and one that's very hard to find King Triggers "The River". Would love to see the clip for that

Will certainly support this episode getting an airing.

I always liked Rough Trade's All Touch which takes me back to 1982 as I played it a lot on the "1982 Up In Lights" compilation album and that song has rarely been played anywhere since then. I have the clip on a time-coded Countdown and recently picked up a clean copy but would definitely like to see the live version.

Would like to see the Moir Sisters perform, having only seen a short snippet of the clip So Excited. They looked like something from Neighbours or Young Talent Time and their fashion was very 1982 which you've got to love.

Serious Young Insects live as well (with Pete Farnham and Richard Pleasance who later formed Boom Crash Opera). I have their other 2 live performances on Countdown so it would be nice to get them all, as they only released 3 singles from their Housebreaking album.

So when the time comes I will support you Jason, although like Patrick I also have a few suggestions including the Eurogliders hosted 1982 episode with the rare clip to Without You on it.

Incidentally Jason, how are you getting on with doing that Real Life clip for me? - I sent Pookah Makes Three months ago.

Burning Real Life now, I found it amongst all the endless dvd's!

OOPS!!!

I to am desperate for "Without You" video. Give me the date to that show so I can to request it, been waiting for that video for ages!

It is episode 339 August 1 1982 and also had Little Heroes live. It also as Steve Miller Band Abracadabra clip on it but we got that in the last wildcard.

I will request those two episodes as well - 1982 was the best Countdown year and the best year of 80's music - in my opinion.

In return, you have to back me up on the 25/3/84 episode. I requested this one quite often late last year for Jan '09. It is the Jane Clifton/JPY hosted episode. I'm hanging out to see it and the clips for 'War Games' JPY's follow up to 'Soldier Of Fortune', 'Adult Education', 'Girl On The Wall'...slowly takes me back to '1984 The Beat'.

BTW - has anyone checked out the '1982 Up In Lights' promo ad on youtube? Does anyone know of any other Oz 80's compilation promo ads on youtube? The UK ones are pretty average.

Michael
I would be happy to see that episode so I would certainly give it some support, for whatever support my comments would garner.

That 1982 Up In Lights add is a ripper. I did upload the advert for Chart Attack which came out in 1984-85. It is the last 30 sec of a clip titled "VFL Football State Of Origin 1985 - WA v Vic". I am sure I have a few more somewhere but I haven't cataloged them so I don't know where.

I've noticed the requests for January 2010 has dropped off a little in the Rage guestbook - now is the time to get them in as I know they pay attention to Retro January ideas around this time...so keep them coming!

Having said that I have some concerns about next January - namely that Rage will re-play the Michael Jackson special and that the Countdown episodes they'll play will be edited.

There were at least 3 episodes cut last January - I know they were minor cuts but cut still the same - and I hope to see COMPLETE versions of the shows.

Plus here's hoping no Recovery next time either - in both full or 'highlights' versions.

There's 5 Saturday's next year so the potential is there for some great weekends ahead......

I re-posted my Countdown requests on ther rage guestbook now, hopefully they will show up...

I added another C.down Episode I want from 1984 hosted by Jane Clifton.

Ok well things appear to be heating up a little bit in the Rage guestbook re: 2010 Countdown requests...but I hope more people will soon offer suggestions as NOW is the time to do it!

I see one of Jason's requested shows is the 24/10/82 ep hosted by Carol Pope of Rough Trade.

It'd be interesting to see that one as it includes a bit of the Vertical Hold song 'Tears of Emotion' which was a fairly big hit here in Adelaide, reaching No. 3 I think on the local charts and making to about 50 nationally.

For some reason I've always remembered that song in particular when thinking about 1982 era Countdowns...odd some of the things that stay with you all these years.

It'll be very interesting to see what Rage come up with in January as the last two Retro seasons have shown a varied mix indeed - plus there's 5 Saturdays again which is always a bonus!

Well, I keep uploading my list on the rage Messageboard every week. Patrick, PLEASE do the same!

Yes I know, sorry about that, although I did put up my list again yesterday.

I'll do the same from now on just to make sure Rage gets the message!

I added my voice of support on the rage boards for this episode a few weeks ago Jason...mainly because I know how badly you want it and how many times you've requested it. You deserve it for those reasons alone. I'm happy to send another message in support of it too. I think we need to get a ground swell of requests for it so they really notice the interest. They are insanely busy in there and under-resourced...not to mention dealing with literally hundreds of requests a week. Fingers crossed this year we can make it happen.

Cheers,
Luke

Luke, I saw that you backed up the 1982 Episode I want and said thatn you on the rage Messageboard.

If you could back me up again for the Carol Pope, 1982 Episode I would be delighted!

Thanks HEAPS for such support!

I do agree, we all have to back each other up so rage gets the point. We obviously know more about good episodes to play than they do!