Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Iva Davies Interview

Hi Guys

I came just came across an interview gien by Iva Davies, and what he had to say was very interesting. Let us hope it comes to fruition

During an interview with Iva Davies - June 26 2008:

"There's been any number of attempts to put out a best-of and I've been resistant thus far. Last year I started remixing all the singles in surround sound. There are about 36 video clips, and my intention is to put them out on a best-of DVD rather than a CD. I'm one of the people who think we've moved on from CDs by now."

Re: Iva Davies Interview

When the best of Icehouse DVD is going to be release?

Hi Lee!
An Icehouse best-of DVD would be fantastic(with any luck,it might have the one continuous shot clip for Crazy),but I think Iva Davies should seriously consider a CD best-of,since the ones that've been available haven't had anything from Man Of Colours,Code Blue and Big Wheel.
Wonder if it might be lined-up for next year,to coincide with(the album)Icehouse's 30th(!!!)anniversary?

Other things it should have-the We Can Get Together clip with the original vocal and Love In Motion without Chrissie Amphlett's involvement.

Hi John

I did see about 10 years ago in Sanity that Icehouse had a best of which included singles from the 'Man Of Colours' album. I think it was more of a deluxe edition or 'extension' of 'Masterfile'. I passed on it as I already had 'Masterfile' - thought there was no point buying it again to get the 'Man Of Colours' singles.

As for 'Code Blue' there was only 1 big hit from it - 'Miss Divine' and the rest just scraped into the Top 50. So I wouldn't miss those songs.

I think the DVD is the way to go - maybe they'll do a Mentals and do the CD/DVD. Unfortunate how the 90's haven't been kind to Icehouse - but hey, they had 10 years of continuous hits from 1980-1990.

Also, I have seen 2 video clips for 'No Promises', so I hope they include both as well as the 2 of 'Crazy' - hope you're listening Iva?

Hi Guys

It certainly would be brilliant to get all music videos from Icehouse. As I have 28 of them quite a few have 2 versions some of these off the top of my head are. I am really hoping they bring one out soon

We Can Get Together
Love In Motion
Crazy
No Promises

Here is a 3 CD Box that I got about 10 years ago if anybody is interested let me know

Icehouse
The Singles - A sides... and selected B sides
Limited edition 3 CD box set
DIVA 7310 792

CD1
1. Can't help myself
2. We can get together
3. Walls
4. Love in motion
5. Send somebody
6. Paradise lost
7. All the way
8. Great Southern Land
9. Hey Little Girl
10. Street café
11. Over the line
12. Talking the town
13. Don't believe anymore
14. Dusty pages
15. Stay close tonight

CD2
1. No promises
2. Baby you're so strange
3. Mr Big
4. Cross the border
5. Too late now
6. Into the wild
7. Crazy
8. Electric blue
9. My obsession
10. Man of colours
11. Nothing too serious
12. Crazy (midnight mix)
13. Touch the fire
14. Jimmy Dean

CD3
1. Big fun
2. Miss Divine
3. Anything is possible
4. Where the river meets the sea
5. Knockin 'em down
6. Love in motion (with Christina Amphlett)
7. Satellite
8. Big wheel
9. Invisible people
10. Heaven
11. Pas de trois

John
Hi Lee!
An Icehouse best-of DVD would be fantastic(with any luck,it might have the one continuous shot clip for Crazy),but I think Iva Davies should seriously consider a CD best-of,since the ones that've been available haven't had anything from Man Of Colours,Code Blue and Big Wheel.
Wonder if it might be lined-up for next year,to coincide with(the album)Icehouse's 30th(!!!)anniversary?

Hi John

Which version is this one, i thought there was only 2.

The one where is starting out in the Radio Station and the one where he is in some sort of yard, maybe a junk yard?

I really hope this eventuates. I was just about to copy my VHS copy of Great Southern Land - The Videos to DVD. Think I might wait now

It would be great to see a DVD compilation of all the clips, as I have the two VHS compilations. One thing i didn't know, was that the original US edition of the first album was re-vocaled.

Hi Lee!
The junkyard one's the one thats in one continuous shot and that CD you were talking about sounds very interesting.The tracklisting's the closest one I've seen in having all their hits.Till you brought it up here,I didn't even know it existed.

That 3CD set must have been the one I saw about 10 years ago.
Lee - is it in a digipak, like 'Masterfile' was when it came out?