Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SHERBET COUNTDOWN EPISODE SPECIAL

Geez, this Sherbet speial is like an hour of therapy. It's quite deep to say the least, veryintriguing indeed...

I liked all the talk of the A and E minor, this must be a TOTAL treat for Sexy Beach and 70s Sherbet fanatics.

Not really a big thing for me BUT I am finding it quite interesting in what is being said.

Re: SHERBET COUNTDOWN EPISODE SPECIAL

If only rage wereplaying Daryl Brathwaite's clip for "All I Do" after Countdown, ARGH! Love it...

What Is It All About was quite funny,quite Beatles sounding...

Waiting for the 80s to arrive, hehe...

I am gobsmacked by this special...it's just absolutely f@cking amazing.

SO historic...incredible.

AMAZING !!!!!

Thank God they finally decided to show it.

I'm speechless...

HA HA... cute that people are loving it.

I am actually quite surprised how deep there lyrics are, there almost quite a depressed band lyrically. Interesting how most pop music has so many uinderline stuff going on and disguised as a simple pop song. That si what was more interesting and made music much better in the 70s and 80s...

It is VERY historical and good that rage are playing this episode.

Though I cannot watch the performances which total enjoyment which is why I am typing. 1975 only really does it for me with Glam Rock like The Sweet, Gary Glitter, Cockney Rebel, Bowie e.t.c... what can I say, I am more on the British side of music for 70s...

F-U-C-K Braithwaite was a kick ar$e live singer...

And Alan Sandow was the most beautiful man on the Aussie music scene at the time...unbelievable. Talk about X Factor...my God ! I need some air !

Ha Ha Ha...

I will need some air when Duran present an award in 1982!... I have many hours to go.

May I add, that intro with Molly and the magazine was so HEAVEN!

I know...that was unexpected, how great did Molly look too. Jason...I've got that issue of TV Times LOL...there's an ABBA poster in it ! Isn't that hilarious...I started laughing when they showed it.

As for Duran...I'm with ya...they were so, so amazing. Ground breaking !

Get back to Sherber abbaluke, and NOW!!!!

hey abbaluke
Alan Sandow is the most gorgeous drummer I have ever encountered..He has ny permission to come and bang my Tom Toms or Bongos anytime hahahaha drool!!!! Actually saw him on the Countdown spectacular and has lost a bit of hair..but still a HUNK O SPUNK !!!! SLURP!!!!!
Interesting to note that Daryl Braithwaite was not the original lead singer with Sherbet. Dennis Laughlin was ( he was also manager for AcDc for a short time)

The Sherbert special was pretty good considering.

I'm not a fan of them at all, but I liked the way the ep went into the nitty gritty of making an album and observing their thoughts on fame - much better than so called bios you see these days.

The last 20 mins went on a bit but overall it was well worth showing - it made me appreciate them a bit more - not by much, but a bit!!!

Me too Patrick...

Made me appreciate them just a bit as well, but not much!

Liked the deep interview bits but their music still is unbearable for me

It would have been Skyhooks for me all the way and not Sherbet!