Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dedication to performers who have passed

Why dont they show some eps dedicated to some great perfomers like Steve Gilpin; Marc Hunter; Brad Robinson and the other member of Aussie crawl; Shirley Strachan; Paul Hester all who have sadly passed..
ps I know that one ep with Steve gilpin is on Sat.

Re: Dedication to performers who have passed

Sorry missed the Legendary Bon Scott on that list..now that is a great Aussie performer..

Hi Scott!
Guy McDonough was the "other member" of Australian Crawl that sadly passed away and there's been 3 episodes shown this month featurin' Aussie Crawl performances-
That Xmas song in the '82 Xmas episode
"Beautiful People"(the only "Countdown" performance of the song I can think of where James Reyne's arms AREN'T in plaster!)in the 1st "Countdown/TV Week" Awards show from April 13 1980
"Indisposed"-in the August 31 1980 episode
Since I've not checked for this weekend's line-up(don't want to-I wanna be surprised,though that might be hard since there's forums here mentionin' what's on!),fingers crossed there'll be more Aussie Crawl 'cause they were a great band and I'm glad to celebratin' 30 years of bein' an Aussie Crawl fan this year-cheers!

Did Rage do anything for The Go Betweens in 2007??

Hi Gary!
"Rage" had a Go-Betweens special in 2006,not long after Grant McLennan passed away

Thanks John I thought they may have done something but couldn't recall. Nice to see Rage did something to celebrate this sadly underrated (by the mainstream that is) band.

Hi,

Yep, there was an excellent 'Rock Arena' that featured The Go-Betweens performing live (especially for the program if I am not mistaken)...one of my personal faves!

ps I was posting under the name of 'John' before (from the ABC Archives) but I have changed the handle/name to'otherjohn' as there is a john already posting on the site & this thread (sorry about that, I'm a newbie on this forum & hopefuly the name change will avoid any confusion etc)

Sorry John I think you have me mixed up with someone else..My name is not Scott. I am a female lol..Thanks for the information on the other member of Aussie Crawl..cheers

My apologies Sexybeach and welcome "otherJohn"!