Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THANK YOU ALL

Just wanting to say a BIG Thank You to all that use this Forum to celebrate Countdown. The support of not only the Forum but the site countdownmemories, is much appreciated.

Before I started this website, I hardly knew anyone into Countdown, like I was into it. Hope you all keep posting and enjoying this site and forum in 2009! ***

Re: THANK YOU ALL

"Just wanting to say a BIG Thank You to all that use this Forum to celebrate Countdown."

Thanks for giving us a place to do so.

You're more than welcome Jason,though you had me worried for a moment.Thought you were 'bout to tell us this website would be no more.PLEASE don't let that happen EVER!!!

Jason, I've been meaning to mention this on the yahoogroup Countdown list for a while now.

The yahoogroup has been very quiet this year, to the point that I've considered closing it down after this season. I'm not worried about that...it has been a good resource for Countdown fans in the absense of alternatives. However, now that your FANTASTIC site and forum are established and growing in popularity, I'm delighted that the banner for Countdown continues to be flown here and elsewhere.

Running & maintaining a website is not an easy task by any means. A lot of people just take it for granted when all it takes is a few clicks to get to a great website.

So Jason...a big thanks to you mate for this terrific website and forum. I hope it continues to grow in popularity and becomes an increasingly important resource for fans of Countdown. You're doing a fantastic job mate...well done

HUGE thank u to you also Jason for making this a possible place to go to express opinions ideas etc on all things 'Coundown'. Will look forward to a much more entertaining weekend of 'Countdown' which considerably looks much more interesting than last week's although like many enjoyed the 'Flashez' clips in particular Marcia Hines which I have always admired and have met on many occasions over the years since her 'Countdown' years.

Keep up the fantastic work. Much appreciated.

I understand how you feel Jason. When I set up my X-Men website years ago I thought - "oh there might be a couple of old xmaniacs out there who will find it".

To my surprise thousands of people found the site within a couple of months - plenty of people were out there googling "Brian Mannix", or "50 Years" etc etc The guestbook and forum have also been visited by the band, their wives and kids and all their kids school friends !

It made me realise we are all still out there - those that loved the 80s and loved the TV shows and the music that Australia had to offer !!

Your Countdown site is (and always has been) fantastic and I am always referring people to it !! Thanks for all the effort and thanks also for the way you push Rage into giving us the best January possible.

Bless, Xmania *

Tanx!

I agree. When Countdown re-runs first aired in January '93 (I had been requesting Countdown on the rage phone line in '92) it seemed like I was the only one interested and others thought it was daggy and laughed. But this forum and the rage guestbook changed all that...and I think I have said it before or thought about it many a times, Jason this website ****** on the 'official' Countdown site the ABC has put together. Cheers.

Ahhh, I remember I used to always leave messages on the rage line with many requests and thank you messages for certain episodes, like when they p[layed the Culture Club 1984 one in 1994, I was so excited on that line!

I have actually rang it a few times this January just to hear it for old times sake. I am dissapointedm the woman in the mid 90s isn't doing it anymore, she was brilliant, hehe!... Now there is a guy doing it.

And as far as the official Countdown Website goes, I have to agree.... Mine is a lot more vintage Countdown and real without sounding like a big head idiot (haha)! ... I find the official quite manufactured and dull to say the least. When I started this website from Gavin Wood's voice over which he recorded for this site to archives e.t.c... I wanted to start something close to Countdown on the net to pay tribute to such a wonderful important and iconic program which effected many lives, as we obviously all here see! The fact that there was no recognition to Countdown that big on the net was ridiculous to me!

ABC don't really give a toss about Countdown, they are just getting in on the action with the "official site" because Countdown is so called "in" again! ... Harsh but true!

Ur more than welcome Jason..I love Countdown it was a part of my growing up xperience. Thanks for creating such a great site..I will stick around ..cheers

I will pretty much echo everyones elses thoughts here and say your very welcome Jason. And much thanks for putting up such a fantastic site where all us fans of Countdown can converse/whinge whatever the case may be lol.