Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Divinyls Greatest Hits DVD?

Can you tell me when the Divinyls are going to make a DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. which it was a best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD?
Thanks.

Re: Divinyls Greatest Hits DVD?

Hey,

I really don't think Divinyls have any plans for a Greatest Hits DVD!

They did realease an official video in the late 80s, I have it and put it onto dvd. BUT, it does not include Boys In Town which is ridiculous!

It would be great if Australian record companies released greatest hits cd+dvd packages of Aussie artists. They do this overseas to save money and bundle them together eg: OMD,BLONDIE,BUCKS FIZZ,BILLY IDOL,SPANDAU BALLET,MEN AT WORK,HEAVEN 17. By doing this they are certain of people buying them.

Just curious would they actually have had enuf hits to call it a Greatest Hits DVD..
I only ever liked a few of their songs..eg Touch Myself; Science Fiction; Pleasure and Pain..Not a fan of Chrissie Amphlette ( heard she is great in Boy from OZ)..think her sister Little Patti was more talented. Just my opionion though every1

Bret,

YOu say Spandau ballet has a CD/DVD package??????

REALLY?????? Please direct me this information if ou can. I have the Spandau Ballet compilation VHS which I got in the UK in '96 but I have NOT heard of a DVD. I do have the Billy Idol CD/DVD Package and the HEAVEN 17 though...

Hi just to correct the person in regard to Chrissy Amphlett chat. Patricia Amphlett (Little Pattie) is Chrissy's cousin not her sister. There are enough music videos and live performances for a 'Divinyls Greatest Hits' dvd that I am sure of.

Patricia Amphlett is a great female artist in her own right also and still plays the clubs around Sydney from time to time when she is not teaching singing lessons to young pupils.

Hi Jason, here you go, it's the uk version of their 'GOLD best of'. Two version were released, one was just a CD and the other version was CD+DVD. Here is the Amazon.com link:

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Best-Spandau-Ballet/dp/B0019M06JI/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1231479658&sr=1-14

And here is the Amazon.uk link;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Best-Spandau-Ballet-DVD/dp/B0019M06JI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1231479901&sr=8-1

It looks like it's deleated now, but you can still buy it in the Amazon marketplace.

Hi Jason, the only thing that is missing from this dvd compilation are the clips from their Sony released albums. Which i think are the last 3 songs ( 'Raw','How many lies' and 'Be free with your love') on the video that you have.

Here's the tracklist of the Divinyls' best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD if the band is going to make it:
1. Boys In Town
2. Only Lonely [version 1?]
3. Science Fiction
4. Siren
5. Casual Encounter [version 1?]
6. Good Die Young
7. In My Life
8. Don’t You Go Walking
9. Pleasure And Pain
10. Sleeping Beauty
11. Heart Telegraph
12. Guillotine Day
13. Temperamental
14. Back To The Wall
15. Hey Little Boy
16. Punxsie
17. I Touch Myself
18. Love School
19. Make Out Alright [Version 1-Divinyls version]
20. I’m On Your Side
21. I Ain’t Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore [Version 1]
22. Wild Thing
23. Love Is The Drug
24. I’m Jealous
25. Hard On Me
26. Human On The Inside
27. Heart Of Steel
28. For A Good Time
29. Don’t Wanna Do This
BONUS TRACKS: 30. Only Lonely [Version 2?]
31. Casual Encounter [Version 2?]
32. Make Out Alright [Version 2-Extra Dancers version]
33. I Ain’t Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore [Version 2]
34. Love In Motion with Icehouse
Will have to wait for which one the best record label that the Divinyls worked for whether could it be WEA, EMI, SonyBMG or Universal and will also have to wait for this DVD from this band that I been waiting for when that band is working for the first album in over ten years after they’re released their first single in a decade and a national tour which my former intergration aide and I went to see them in Melbourne two years ago.

Rage will be playing some Divinyls music clips tonight ,in between a Countdown episode.

Just saw the Divinyls in Rage about retro stuff on TV last in between late Saturday night and early Sunday morning and now, I'm looking for a copy of Divinyls special from Rage which it was aired on Saturday October 17 1992 on video[VHS]and if you have it when you're a fan of Divinyls, please contact me at nic_wal8@hotmail.com

To Jason

Hi Jason

I have the Spandau Ballet DVD mate, you can't get it anywhere now, not for a good price.

So if you want it just let me know.

It has 17 Awesome Quality Videos, and PCM audio quality.

So Just let me know mate?

I indeed want the Spandau Ballet DVD... I have the original VHS and I was going to put it to DVD, but now I may not and just get the DVD... I will follow the link and i got maybe from you?... on this Forum and but it . Clips from the first 2 albums on crisp DVD quality is like a dream...

Over rage playing :"True"in the New Romantic section!!!

HELLO "Instinction" or "The Freeze" would have been more appropriate!

And do NOT get me started with ther Culture Club/Boy George selections!!!

Yeh True is a nice song but sooo overplayed.

The early experimental clips are great..Paint Me Down is a good one.

Gold will always be the peak though both song & clip wise.

To Jason again

I will send it to you anyway, so you can see the quality. And if you never receive it from Amazon at least you will have a copy.

I will also send over the OMD one if you like?

Lee

A real gem was the Rock Arena episode from 1983, a couple of years back on rage, when they featured Spandau Ballet clips, INXS & Ultravox.

Jason, you mention a Billy Idol greatest hits DVD.Is this available in Australia? Have been looking for ages but can only find the Storytellers DVD.Was wondering if you could tell me what it is called and where you got it. Cheers

Hi Jase, I think it's only an American and UK release at the moment. It's called 'Idolize Yourself', but if you order it, make it sure it's the one with the dvd.

Here is an Amazon uk link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Very-Best-Billy-Idol-Yourself/dp/B00195HVUW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1232185787&sr=8-3

I got my Billy Idol CD/DVD from America! of course, OZ is crap to find anything!!! Unless you order from www.redeyerecords.com in Sydney, which is brilliant ***

I have to say that I hav enjoyed listening to the Divinals track: Sleeping Beauty of late. I like it best out of all their songs..

Thanx guys. I've always avoided buying anything online so it looks like i'm about to make my first purchase. Wish me luck

EMI is going to release one of Essential CDS which it is...The Divinyls on Saturday but the same record label haven't enough time to make and release Divinyls Greatest Hits DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. but I still got to be patient for this.

EMI had release one of Essential CDS about The Divinyls in music and other stores across Australia yesterday but the same record label still haven't enough time to make and release Divinyls Greatest Hits DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. but I still and still got to be patient for this.

This Essential release would make it the 4th best of Divinyls release so far. The last one came out a year or so ago. I had a listen to the American CD re-release of 'Desperate' and i had forgotten how good the album was.

I bought Billy Idol CD/DVD package by order from overseas at a music and video store in my hometown yesterday after the same music and video store ordered it from overseas by delivered to me yesterday.

In the wake of the release a CD/DVD set called "Mental as Anything - Essential as Anything: 30th Anniversary Edition" by Mental As Anything, which one the best type for the music video clips by The Divinyls to put? DVD, DVD/CD combo or CD/DVD combo?

Nicholas! Unless you want a slap upside your head, kindly STOP inserting a "The" in front of Divinyls name... there is NO "THE" in their name... the band's name is "DIVINYLS" not "The Divinyls".

It p i s s e s me off no end that rage almost always gets it wrong. Mind you rage also incorrectly inserts a "The" in front of "EAGLES", "EURYTHMICS" and "BANGLES" then leave it out of "THE HUMAN LEAGUE"... go figure! Wildcard 3 was the first time I have seen rage get it right for Divinyls and I suspect that was probably only because the start of the video clearly has the word "Divinyls" in the video without a "THE" prefix in it.

Anyway as for your list of tracks for a compilation, may I suggest you include the track "Make U Happy".

Divinyls' cover version of The Easybeats' I'll Make You Happy was featured in a tracklist of Divinyls Live DVD about their performance at the Old Boggo Gaol in 1993 and this live DVD is still available at any music store and any other retailer store.

Hi Aaron-re.your most recent post,the last Bangles album "Doll Revolution" had "The" in front of their band name and I might also add I've been just as guilty as anyone with putting "The" in front of bands who don't have them,so if you wanna slap me upside my head,you've every right to but I'd strongly advise against it-especially when this is 'spose to be a friendly forum!

I find it a bit over the top when people slam rage and others for using "THE" in front of band names.

So long as rage are playing good videos, it doesen't really bother me.

As as far as The HUman League go, on some albums and singles they are knows as THE HUMAN LEAGUE and at other times in their career, they have been known just as HUMAN LEAGUE.

Hopefully there is NO more un pleasant posts about such a trivial topic!!!

RE: Jason "The Moderator" : I find it a bit over the top when people slam rage and others for using "THE" in front of band names. So long as rage are playing good videos, it doesen't really bother me. Hopefully there is NO more un pleasant posts about such a trivial topic!!!"

Jason if the idea of rage getting the titles right is so trivial how interesting is it that if you visit the rage guestbook you'll find this post:

name CJ
visit time 24/04/2009 12:45 PM
message Can I just ask that Sex (I'm A ....) finally get's corrected. It has been happening on rage for years and years. It is to WORONG. SOmeone at rage MUST fix the title to the right one, no "MAN"!

which was followed by:
"name CJ
visit time 24/04/2009 1:53 PM
message Sorry to be a pain about the Berlin error on Sex (I'm A ....) It just has bothered me for years of watching rage whenever it gets played. "

What's that saying about those in glass houses?..

On a friendlier note, if you haven't already done so, feel free to go check your letterbox... and no it is not ticking! You should find something to smile about.

As for Bangles vs The Bangles, I agree the band is their own worst enemy given that every one their albums that I have are just titled "Bangles" and yet their website is www.thebangles.com but if you dig through their site they say their name is just Bangles yet they often refer to themselves as The Bangles. I think we need to leave the Jury out on them until they make up their own mind, but the slap upside the head for throwing a The in front of Divinyls still stands although it may be with a wet fish which if you are in the right mood is not such a bad thing q-:

Hi Aaron-after the last couple of weeks I've had,I'm not looking for a slap upside the head with a fish or any other object(nor should anyone else for that matter).
What I'd REALLY REALLY like is:
1)To be happy again
and
2)To chat music matters on a fantastic forum like this one tension free

Agreed-we all have differences of opinion as much as we're passionate about music but can we please express ourselves without doing battle with each other.
Thank you.

I know that I asked rage to fix the Berlin title. But a title to me with the word (Man) rather than (Sl**) is somethign that needed correcting!... As the word Man after "Sex I'm A" ... was just made up at rage, by some dumb person who didn't bother looking into the song title. So I felt that certainly needed correcting.

Anyhow, on a more positive note.

The DVD was FAB!

Thanks HEAPS!

Do you think Divinyls will make a DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. which it was a best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD next year,to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the band's formation, the year after to coincide with the 30th anniversary of Boys In Town single or about 2012 or 2013 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of Monkey Grip movie or Desperate album?

I don't know when Divinyls are going to make a DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. which it was a best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD next year as Chrissy Amphlett are going to do perform in Australian Rock Symphony tour also next year, it's taken me for a long time.

This year, Divinyls is now celebrating its 30 years of its formation but there only one question, do you think they will make a DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. which it was a best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD next year,to coincide with the 30th anniversary of the band's formation this year?

Do you think Divinyls will make a DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. which it was a best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD this year,to coincide with the 30th anniversary of Boys In Town single? Come on, everybody!

Do you think Divinyls will make a DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. which it was a best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD this year,to coincide with the 30th anniversary of their appearance in Monkey Grip movie with their mini-album of the movie's soundtrack? Come on, everybody!

One would hope so!...
When I saw this link I thought the news may be that it's abut to get released and I got so excited but no go it seems :-(

Nich PLEASE sign my petition and all here!!!

Do you think Divinyls will make a DVD with all their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces,etc. which it was a best-of/greatest hits/complication DVD this year,to coincide with the 30th anniversary of their first and debut album, Desperate? What's if Divinyls' albums are going to be reissue with bonus tracks just like Icehouse?

'Desperate' would be fantastic if they released that in CD/DVD (like Icehouse) to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of its release, but they better hurry up, because it has just passed or about to.

Just saw the Divinyls again in Rage on TV and taped it on VHS blank video tape, there were some videos were on the latest Rage Divinyls special and I'm going to search for and watch the rest of the videos on YouTube before I'm going to get a copy of Divinyls special from Rage[Saturday October 17 1992] on video[VHS] if you have it which it after I saw the first version of Only Lonely and Punxsie before but I'm still waiting for the band without Chrissy to make a best-of/greatest hits/complitaion DVD with all of the videos, this is her legacy.

I distinctly remember that Divinyls special in October 1992, I didn't watch it, but listened to it on JJJ in the car - great stuff.

I've got some clips from the Rage Divinyls special (I think it might be from the 1991 one after Chrissy Amphlett guest programmed) acquired through a trade. Though from memory it's just a couple of videos that my source didn't have in better quality from elsewhere, rather than segments of her hosting. Although I'll need to double check.

I've got these TV/live performances (mostly acquired through trades):

DIVINYLS
Boys In Town (Countdown) 074, 117, 186, 262
Boys In Town (Countdown 1982 Rock Awards 18/4/1982) 564
Boys In Town (Nightmoves) 594
Chrissie Amphlett on Mitch’s Melbourne with Peter Mitchell, discussing The Boy From Oz 265
Countdown Music Video Awards 1986 – Christina Amphlett accepting award via satellite 291
Hey Little Boy (Hey Hey It’s Saturday) 074, 117
I Touch Myself (live) 074, 117
I Touch Myself (TOTP) 537
Jailhouse Rock live video (16 live tracks) 118
MTV Australia interview, 1991 074, 117
Only Lonely (Countdown) 074, 117
Punxsie & Hey Little Boy (live) 074, 117
60 Minutes interview, 1991 074, 117
Sleeping Beauty (Countdown) 117
Temperamental (live) 074, 117

I have the entire GP and special on tape. Finding it is another story.

Hi can l get a copy of all the divinyls stuff you have

I just came across and purchased a dvd called The Best Of The Divinyls On Video.
Tracklist:

01. Boys In Town
02. Boys In Town (Monkey Grip)
03. Science Fiction
04. Siren
05. Good Die Young
06. In My Life
07. Pleasure & Pain
08. Sleeping Beauty
09. Back To The Wall
10. Hey Little Boy
11. Punxsie
12. I Touch Myself
13. Make Out Alright
14. I'm On Your Side
15. I'm Jealous (Hey Hey It's Saturday)
16. Human On The Inside
17. Boys In Town (Countdown Awards)
18. Only Lonely
19. Pleasure & Pain (The Making Of)
20. Boys In Town (Countdown)

Most likely a bootleg release.

Where should I'm going to get this copy on DVD?

I'm now having a petition now and it's about calling Warner Music Australia, EMI/Universal Music Australia and Sony Music Australia to make and release Divinyls DVD featuring all of the music videos, live performances and extra bits and pieces.
Please sign up with my petition at www.change.org/p/warner-music-australia-emi-universal-music-australia-sony-music-australia-make-and-release-divinyls-greatest-hits-dvd, this is a legacy of Chrissy Amphlett.

Someone I regularly trade with put together a comprehensive Divinyls DVD set a few years ago; probably similar to the one someone here paid for (though he doesn't sell them, so it wouldn't have been from him). There are are a couple of clips I contributed to it that were sourced from official (various artists compilation) DVD's - 'I Touch Myself' and 'I'm On Your Side', I think. I uploaded the 'I'm On Your Side' DVD rip to youtube, but it doesn't show up when you search for those terms, unfortunately, so here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihDTWhZVDXo

I also re-synced my VHS copy of 'I'm Jealous' from rage (a video they appear to have since lost) with CD audio here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OZ4H4RvAgM

1 2