Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Annie Jones a member of Icehouse?

I was watching Countdown performances of 1986 at 6pm a few days ago on VH1 and they played 'No Promises' Icehouse (which was taken from the '85 Xmas Show) I could have sworn that the girl on the keyboards was Annie Jones (Jane from Neighbours). Am I right? or was it a long shot? They did a few close ups of her during the performance, but it was hard to be 100% sure as it was a bit dark. Was she just there for looks and not an actual musician of the group? Anyway, just a thought that entered my head and can anyone confirm yes or no?

Re: Annie Jones a member of Icehouse?

That AMAZING performance of "No Promises" on Countdown features models and actresses miming, just like Rober Palmer did... Carol Hitchcock I think is in it as well, I think Annie Jones may be one of those girls...

Not dead cert whether it is Annie Jones though it highly likely as she appeared in the 1987 Huxton Creepers music video for their cover song 'Pretty Flamingo'.

I've just watched the clip on the big screen and its definitely Annie. She mimed hitting at least 3 keyboard keys!

I thought that was Carol Hitchcock! Was she the one flashing the mirror in a close up at one stage? Was she a model or a backing singer at the time? Does anyone have any info on that?

YES I too believe that to be Annie Jones who of course went onto play plain Jane Harris on 'Neighbours' in the late 80's. After watching it I am dead certain it's her and Carol Hitchcock who released the cover 'Get Ready' in '87 already getting a taste of things to come.

yep it was Annie, after watching it the second time around. She definitely knows her way around the keyboard!

Carol was indeed a model. Her first appearance in a video was by Icehouse with "Mr Big"from and she appeared with No Promises as we saw last weekend on the guitar I think...

And then in 1987 she released her only single with a B-Side "Get Ready" produced by Stock Aitken Waterman...