Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Australian and New Zealander singers and bands that's haven't plan to make their DVDs

Here’s the list of Australian and New zealander singers and bands that’s haven’t plan to make their DVD’s with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others as chosen by me:
Mondo Rock
Icehouse
The Models
Pseudo Echo
Dragon and Marc Hunter
Men At Work
Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons
Real Life
Mi-Sex
Kids In The Kitchen
Swannee
Uncanny X-Men
Jenny Morris
Dave Warner
The Sports and Stephen Cummings and
The Divinyls
I'm not sure when Australian and New Zealander singers and bands are going to make their DVDs and then, release it and I'm also not sure what's their record labels thinks of this plan so please type a comment of what's you think of it.

Re: Australian and New Zealander singers and bands that's haven't plan to make their DVDs

Hi Nicholas!For a very brief time,there was an Aussie Crawl/James Reyne DVD available before it was pulled from sale.It coincided with the release of "The Definitive Collection" on CD.Since that happened,you can throw both into your list and I have to say,you've listed a lot of my fave Australasian artists in your post.Just hope they all come to their senses some time in this lifetime!Cheers!

Re: Australian and New Zealander singers and bands that's haven't plan to make their DVDs

Here's a few more to throw in-
Mental As Anything
The Numbers
The Hitmen
V.Spy V.Spy
Moving Pictures
Boom Crash Opera
Paul Kelly
Christie Allen
The Machinations
The Sunnyboys
If I can think of anymore,I'll let you know!

Here's the list of more Australian and New zealander singers and bands that's haven't plan to make their DVD's with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others as chosen by me:
The Reels
Air Supply and
Little River Band

How I LOATH Air Supply so much, so bloody daggy...

Anyway's, no offence.

Here's the list of more and more Australian and New zealander singers and bands that's haven't plan to make their DVD's with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others as chosen by me:
Richard Clapton
Rose Tattoo
Choirboys
Ted Mulry Gang
John Paul Young
Renee Geyer
The Black Sorrows
Eurogliders
The Radaitors
Marcia Hines
Ol'55 and
I'm Talking and Kate Ceberano

Here's the list of more, more and more Australian and New zealander singers and bands that's haven't plan to make their DVD's with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others as chosen by me:
Goanna and Shane Howard
Cheetah
Jon English and
Redgum

Here's the list of more, more, more and more Australian and New zealander singers and bands that's haven't plan to make their DVD's with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others as chosen by me:
The Dugites
Flash and the Pan
Sharon O' Neill and
Billy Field

Here's only one Australian band and its lead singer have his solo singing career that's haven't plan to make their DVD's with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others as chosen by me:
Australian Crawl and James Reyne, it was pulled from sale when the same DVD was coincided with the release of "The Definitive Collection" on CD four years ago but it's time for this band and Mr. Reyne to release this DVD and the Australian music stores and other retailers to put that DVD on sale now!

I like the idea of a comprehensive LRB collection. Could someone let me know what's already available. I have been looking on ebay but haven't come up with anything.

Also, I remember seeing a Countdown where Glen Shorrock was being interviewed (by Mark Holden I think) where they showed a clip from a filmed concert and then Shorrock indicated that a private company filmed the whole concert. I wonder if the film was ever broadcast? Sounded brilliant.

Hey Kyron, can you tell me what's the name of a private company that film and produce a filmed Little River Band concert?

The video for LRB was called "Live Exposure" and was released by EMI in 1982 (catalogue ID VM60015). As far as I know that was the only video released for the band - I have no idea what is on DVD. I bought a copy a few years ago but you rarely see it.

The video is of a concert that took place in the Summit in Houston Texas October 7 1981.

The following songs are performed:
It's A Long Way There
Man On Your Mind
Mistress Of Mine
Happy Anniversary
Don't Let The Needle Win
Reminiscing
Ballerina
Cool Change
The Night Owls
Help Is On It's Way
Lonesome Loser
It's Not A Wonder
Lady
Just Say That You Love Me

I remember hearing an interview with Glenn Shorrock years ago about an LRB dvd he was working on. He said he wanted it to be definitive, including all the videos and as much rare stuff as possible. He even sent out a message to any fans who may have 8mm or home video footage from any of their gigs over the years...but the guy in the USA who owns the rights to the LRB wouldn't allow it to go ahead

Sorr, but I LOATH LRB. ewwwww.

I'm not a huge fan of LRB either, although I think Little River Band in its original incarnation, early-mid 70s, recorded some true, true Aussie classics (Curiosity Killed The Cat, Emma, Help Is On Its Way and the STUNNING...BREATHTAKING "It's a Long Way There")

Nevertheless a comprehensive LRB DVD would be a very valuable and welcome document of Australian music in the '70s. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Yeah not a real fan myself but I really like a couple of there '70s tracks..Cool Change & Reminiscing.

What's the name of the guy in the USA who owns the rights to the LRB?

Stephen Housden, who was a member of the band for a while back in the early '80s.

Here's a story about it all:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/04/1064988455670.html?from=storyrhs

It's been a long drawn-out saga, and there are valid arguments on both sides. It's just a shame, for the band members themselves and the fans, that they haven't been able to get past the bickering and find some sort of middle-ground. It would beneficial for everyone.

Just read an article about the guy who own the rights of Little River Band in the internet and I wonder when Glenn Shorrock are going to have a lawsuit against this guy about who own the rights of LRB again as a fightback when Mr. Shorrock is planning to make an LRB dvd which it's got film clips, live performances and other stuff that he was working on, it's payback time for Mr. Shorrock and Mr. Shorrock is on its way to sue against the guy who own the rights of LRB!

I hear from a reliable source (ie Brian Canham) that a Pseudo Echo DVD could possibly be released later this year. Apparently a remastered version of the Pseudo Flicks video that came out in the 80s. Can't wait

Does all the music videos and live videos by Pseudo Echo were still exist when a Pseudo Echo DVD is going to be releaselater this year?

Can you tell me is any Australian and New zealander singer and/or band from the 1970s, '80s and of course, '90s are going to make and release their DVD’s with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others in 2009 which it is this year please?

I read a bit about that Real Life DVD could possibly be released as soon as possible this year and it's featuring music videos and TV performances so will see about that.

I read a bit about someone would really love to see a Go Betweens DVD/CD set with both versions of "Streets Of Your Town" + all the other marv vids but would have to wait for the remaining members of The Go Betweens to find out when they're going to make it.

I read a bit about Mental As Anthing has released a CD/DVD set called "Mental as Anything - Essential as Anything: 30th Anniversary Edition" and I wonder if it's available in music shops and other retailers and on disc two of this CD/DVD set, it had lots of music video clips!

Hi Nicholas
Yes this Mental's CD/DVD set can be purchased at all music shops and retailers. I have also seen it advertised on telly over the past month.

I read a bit about Iva Davies from Icehouse are going to put about 36 video clips to be featuring on a best-of Icehouse DVD by going to make it in his latest interview and put it to be releasing soon but will wait and see.

That's fantastic. If there is an OZ group that stands out above most to have a DVD of their videos, it is definitely Icehouse. Wish I bought the 'Masterfile' video back in the early 90's when it came out.

Can you tell me when Icehouse, Tim Finn, Pseudo Echo, Real Life, Icehouse and the Models are going to make and release their DVD’s with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others?

Nicholas
Can you tell me when Icehouse, Tim Finn, Pseudo Echo, Real Life, Icehouse and the Models are going to make and release their DVD’s with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others?

I didn't realise that these groups are going to release DVD's?

Where abouts did you read about them? especially interested in the Models, Real Lfe & Pseudo Echo DVD's, do you have links to the news you read on these?

Stu,
I have an interview from Iva Davies from June 26 last year that I saw in one of the forums and this is what he say:

"There's been any number of attempts to put out a best-of and I've been resistant thus far. Last year I started remixing all the singles in surround sound. There are about 36 video clips, and my intention is to put them out on a best-of DVD rather than a CD. I'm one of the people who think we've moved on from CDs by now."

Can you tell me is any Australian and New zealander singer and/or band from the 1970s, '80s and of course, '90s are going to make and release their DVD’s with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others in 2010 which it is this year please?

When Gimme Ted:Ted Mulry Benefit DVD are going to be re-relasing in a couple of days, is the bandwithout the late Ted Mulry are going to plan to make its own greatest hits DVD with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others by both Ted as a solo singer-songwriter and the band and concide with its greatest hits CD to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Ted's death next year?

Nicholas
When Gimme Ted:Ted Mulry Benefit DVD are going to be re-relasing in a couple of days, is the bandwithout the late Ted Mulry are going to plan to make its own greatest hits DVD with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others by both Ted as a solo singer-songwriter and the band and concide with its greatest hits CD to celebrate the tenth anniversary of Ted's death next year?

Last I heard, Herm was looking to get a TMG DVD together a couple of years ago. I haven't heard anything since. There are many hurdles faced when putting together a retrospective DVD like this. With 2 record companies, the ABC and other TV networks to negotiate with there's a lot of red tape to cut through in order to release footage.

I'll check on the progress (lack of?) of this project and post my findings here.

When Daryl Cotton is working on a DVD about a late 1960s and early 1970s Australian band, Zoot which he was a lead singer, how about Rick Sprigfield to plan to make his own greatest hits DVD with all of his videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others?

There's a DVD called "Glenn A.Baker:Up Close And Personal" are going to be release next month and in a bit of Brian Cadd and Glenn Shorrock, they're have video clips from hits includes Statue of Liberty, A Little Ray of Sunshine and Let Go whether could it be promo films/videos, live performances or television performances but I wonder when Brian are going to make his DVD with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others and Glenn are going to make a DVD for The Twilights, Axiom, Little River Band, his solo career or all of them with all of the videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others.

How about an Australian version of Video Killed The Radio Star documentary and it will be feature the profile of Australian music video directors includes Russell Mulchay, Chris Lofven, Richard Lowenstein, Larry Larstead, Paul Goldman, Kimble Rendall, Paul Cox, Claudia Castle, Alex Proyas and others and the film and video clips of Australian songs by Australian singers and bands that they're directed before will be on DVD if the ABC or MusicMax pay-TV channel will make an Australian version of this music documentary series, what's do you think?

Nicholas
There's a DVD called "Glenn A.Baker:Up Close And Personal" are going to be release next month and in a bit of Brian Cadd and Glenn Shorrock, they're have video clips from hits includes Statue of Liberty, A Little Ray of Sunshine and Let Go whether could it be promo films/videos, live performances or television performances but I wonder when Brian are going to make his DVD with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others and Glenn are going to make a DVD for The Twilights, Axiom, Little River Band, his solo career or all of them with all of the videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others.

Hi Nicholas – I have this DVD but it is dismal – the clips last for about 5 seconds each – obviously due the high licensing cost associated with showing any more (about 30 dollars a second typically) – Statue of Liberty is from GTK, A Little Ray Of Sunshine from the Adelaide TV Show “Move” and “Let Go” is the Brian Cadd promotional clip.

In answer to your second question about an official Twilights, Axiom & Little River Band DVD – never – due to the LRB name ownership issue you mentioned earlier. A planned official EMI Live DVD from 2005 was pulled due to this very issue.

Nicholas
How about an Australian version of Video Killed The Radio Star documentary and it will be feature the profile of Australian music video directors includes Russell Mulchay, Chris Lofven, Richard Lowenstein, Larry Larstead, Paul Goldman, Kimble Rendall, Paul Cox, Claudia Castle, Alex Proyas and others and the film and video clips of Australian songs by Australian singers and bands that they're directed before will be on DVD if the ABC or MusicMax pay-TV channel will make an Australian version of this music documentary series, what's do you think?

It would be a fantastic idea Nicholas – but we seem to lack the foresight or initiative in this country to ever see such a thing get off the ground – too many rights and clearances issues to wade through and licensing fees just far too unrealistic. Until this minefield gets a bit simpler, many DVD’s and TV series which are long overdue just will not see the light of day. Sad but so true.

Can you tell me is any Australian and New zealander singer and/or band from the 1970s, '80s and of course, '90s are going to make and release their DVD’s with all of their videos, live performances, extra bits and pieces and others in 2011 which it is this year please?

When the 30th anniversary of the 30th anniversary edition of the Icehouse album are going to be release next month, I don't know does it's have the promo music videos of Can't Help Myself, We Can Get Together[two versions], Walls, Sister, Icehouse and Love In Motion is featured on the DVD disc.

Nicholas
When the 30th anniversary of the 30th anniversary edition of the Icehouse album are going to be release next month, I don't know does it's have the promo music videos of Can't Help Myself, We Can Get Together[two versions], Walls, Sister, Icehouse and Love In Motion is featured on the DVD disc.

Here is some news Nicholas

6 April 2011

HUGE NEWS!!! Icehouse & Iva Davies have been signed to Universal Music Australia! From today's exciting press release:

Universal Music Australia today announced that it has entered into a new sales and distribution partnership with Iva Davies for the ICEHOUSE catalogue of recordings. In celebration of the new partnership, ICEHOUSE and Universal are delighted to announce that the first release will be a 30th Anniversary Edition of the band's debut album.

Not only will this landmark album be available through retail on Friday 20th May 2011, reinvented in a new 3 disc set, but it also marks the first time any of the ICEHOUSE catalogue has been available for digital download. Fans will be able to get music from the set via iTunes and other digital stores as well as buy it at their local music retailer.

The 30th Anniversary Edition is a lovingly compiled, vastly expanded edition featuring a wealth of previously unavailable material.

Boasting the singles 'We Can Get Together', 'Can't Help Myself', 'Walls', 'Icehouse' (and later 'Love In Motion') - the ICEHOUSE album released back in 1980 went on to become one of the most successful debut albums of the era, spending over 45 weeks on the chart and achieving accreditation of over 4x platinum within months of its release.

In addition to the original studio album (remastered, with 3 bonus tracks), this 30th Anniversary Edition will feature a 19-track, 75 minute disc of live recordings recorded for radio broadcast in different territories between February 1980 and November 1981. As well as the renditions of all tracks from the ICEHOUSE album, the Live disc includes incendiary versions of Iggy Pop's 'Funtime', The Easybeats' 'Sorry', John Lennon's 'Cold Turkey; and Ultravox's 'Man Who Dies Every Day'.

Also included in this stunningly presented 3 Disc set is a DVD of exceedingly rare live footage.

The DVD includes 5 live tracks from Flowers appearance at Sweetwaters Music Festival (NZ) in 1981, an interview with Iva Davies prior to that performance and a collection of vintage Countdown TV appearances from the era. The set also includes previously unseen photographs, images and memorabilia - in addition to brand new liner notes from Iva Davies.

The Flowers Icehouse 30th Anniversary Edition shows where it all began.

^ Great news for Icehouse fans, but I want an official DVD release of their music videos dammit

Don't worry, Nathan. Iva Davies are going to put about 36 video clips of Icehouse's songs to be featuring on a best-of Icehouse DVD by going to make it and put it to be releasing soon.

That's great new regarding the Icehouse release.

I have just bought 2 U-Matic master copy videos on ebay of the clips for Crazy and Man Of Colours - items 310310896839 and 310310896564 if anyone is fascinated. They have apparently come from the Regular Records archives and both of these were the only copies in the archives - but I am relying on the sellers' description for accuracy in this.

Interesting to note that Man Of Colours is labelled "version 1". I only know of one version so it will be interesting to see if it is a different one.

The seller seemed to have picked up the entire Regular Records archives and also listed Reels and Kate Ceberano material.

Guru Bob
That's great new regarding the Icehouse release.

I have just bought 2 U-Matic master copy videos on ebay of the clips for Crazy and Man Of Colours - items 310310896839 and 310310896564 if anyone is fascinated. They have apparently come from the Regular Records archives and both of these were the only copies in the archives - but I am relying on the sellers' description for accuracy in this.

Interesting to note that Man Of Colours is labelled "version 1". I only know of one version so it will be interesting to see if it is a different one.

The seller seemed to have picked up the entire Regular Records archives and also listed Reels and Kate Ceberano material.

Well done Guru!!! That is probably one of the best buys on ebay ever. Imagine owning a copy of Man Of Colours that nobody except Iva and The Director have seen. It does say on the ebay page that the video goes for 5min 19secs, and it looks likt the "normal version" only goes for around 4min 20secs. So it sure sounds like something different. Great stuff.

Lee
It would be great if it were another version of Man Of Colours but with my luck it probably won't be. The version I know with Iva's dad is good anyhow - and I really like that song - so even if it was a broadcast quality copy of that it would be fine with me. Looking forward to getting it and having a look.

I got a Sony VP-7040 2 head standard U-Matic not too long ago for $300 (I think it was ex-Channel 9 as they have flogged off some obsolete equipment) so I can now play U-Matic tapes both on PAL and NTSC.

U-Matics are more common in the US whereas over here it was normally TV stations/production companies and the like that used them and the average Joe got a PAL VHS or Betmax/Betacord. I've got a couple of U-Matic Telegenics tapes that I could transfer now - if I could remember where I put them.

Guru Bob
Lee
It would be great if it were another version of Man Of Colours but with my luck it probably won't be. The version I know with Iva's dad is good anyhow - and I really like that song - so even if it was a broadcast quality copy of that it would be fine with me. Looking forward to getting it and having a look.

I got a Sony VP-7040 2 head standard U-Matic not too long ago for $300 (I think it was ex-Channel 9 as they have flogged off some obsolete equipment) so I can now play U-Matic tapes both on PAL and NTSC.

U-Matics are more common in the US whereas over here it was normally TV stations/production companies and the like that used them and the average Joe got a PAL VHS or Betmax/Betacord. I've got a couple of U-Matic Telegenics tapes that I could transfer now - if I could remember where I put them.

Hi Armin

Yes you are right there mate, Umatic Tapes are such awesome quality in both picture and sound, so much better than VHS. They are fairly rare over here, but are a dime a dozen over in the US, but done properly with good equipment and they are just as good as DVD.

Good luck in finding the tapes, knowing your collection they could be anywhere, it will probably take you years to find them. heehee.

But getting back to Man Of Colours it could even be a 12" video as the tape says it goes for a whole minute longer than the actual album song. Can't wait to find out!!!!

I picked up a German promo VHS of 'Great Southern Land '94' a year or 2 ago. I don't remember seeing it at the time.

ohnoitisnathan
I picked up a German promo VHS of 'Great Southern Land '94' a year or 2 ago. I don't remember seeing it at the time.

G'day Nathan

That would be awesome mate, I have 3 other versions, 2 from 1982 and one from 1989, I have never seen the '94 version, very interesting.

I will email you tonight as I have some things you might be interested in.

Picked up the special edition of Icehouse by Flowers today and for those of you interested in what's on it,here it is...

Disc 1
Icehouse
We Can Get Together
Fatman
Sister
Walls
Can't Help Myself
Skin
Boulevarde
Nothing To Do
Not My Kind
Send Somebody
All The Way
Paradise Lost(instrumental)
BONUS TRACKS
Love In Motion(original single mix)
Goodnight Mr Matthews(b-side to Love In Motion)
Can't Help Myself(original 10" mix)

Disc 2:Live Album
Boulevarde
Funtime
Man Who Dies Every Day
Fatman
Sorry
Cold Turkey
We Can Get Together
Nothing To Do
Icehouse
Send Somebody
Sons
Skin
Walls
All The Way
Goodnight Mr Matthews
Love In Motion
Not My Kind
Sister
Can't Help Myself

Disc 3:DVD
SWEETWATERS MUSIC FESTIVAL 1981
Interview with Iva Davies
Boulevarde
Waiting For The Man
Sister
Icehouse
Walls

COUNTDOWN
Flowers to Icehouse
Can't Help Myself(15 June 1980 & 10 August 1980)
We Can Get Together(28 September & 2 November 1980)
Walls(8 February 1981)
Icehouse(from 1980 Countdown Awards 22 March 1981)
Humdrum Molly Meldrum(12 July 1981)
Love In Motion(25 October 1981)

Why the Countdown performance of Sister from the Dec 14 1980 episode has been left out-who knows,and the clips for Can't Help Myself,Walls,Icehouse and We Can't Together aren't there either,but other than that-for $24.99,can't complain too much.

1 2