Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Group of parts for sale in Maryland.

Hi Folks:
I have just been in tough with a chap from Maryland, whose father has quite a supply of Early Durant parts that he would just love to get rid of. Knowing that the East Coast Durant group are meeting in Maryland on May 4 - 7, I felt someone, maybe Don Schilling might be interested in picking up the whole batch. (Even if it isnt Star)
Here is the list

Complete 4 cylinder engine (minus valve cover and carburetor) Transmission with rear ujoint assembly and drive shaft.
Clutch assembly with disc
Starter and switch assembly
Brake and Clutch pedals with linkage and cross shaft
generator (on engine)
distributor and housing
speedometer cable and housing
E - brake bar
oil pump

I would really like to see someone pick up this whole bunch of good parts. Don. let me know if you are interested.

CONTACT
c.proctor5885@gmail.com
He says that his father would just like to find all these parts a good home. It all is in really descent shape more than usable. Make an offer on it all. Please call 781-733-3082 and ask for Chris.

Thanks fellas, I really appreciate the assistance.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd, Leaside, Ontario, Canada

Re: Group of parts for sale in Maryland.

Gord is this the same parts you tried to flog Jan 2022 for Al / Chris Proctor under "Early Durant parts". At that time is was an overhead valve A22 Durant engine. Name sounded familiar.

Hi:
I just got a call from an elderly gentleman in Boston. He told me that he bought and sold old buildings. The one he just bought had several real old Durant parts and he would like to get them to someone who could use them. This is what he said that he had:

an Early Durant motor (he thought 1923) 4 cyl overhead valve
Durant Transmission and Drive line.

He said that these items had been stored for a very long time, and were not rusty but rather clean.
Etc

Bob Bush tried calling with no success

You said the phone number showed Lola Proctor

I used https://checkpeople.com › and came up with Chris and Lola Proctor.

Christopher currently lives at 59 Colonial Rd, Abington, MA 02351. Relatives & associates include E Proctor and Lola Proctor. Christopher Proctor's phone number is (781) 878-6073.

Phone number you have in this mail is different but still 781 exchange so assume same persons and parts.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

I talked to Chris yesterday about the parts. However, it's about 550 miles further past the Cumberland, MD meet for me to travel.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thanks fellas for all the help. Sounds like a good group of parts, hate to see them going to scrap. I wonder just how far they are from Lou Mendenhall. Lou, do you have any idea just where they are. Perhaps you could give this guy a call. Are you going to the Maryland meeeting?
Sorry but my health will just not permit it.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd, Leaside, Ontario, Canada

The parts are in Abington, Mass.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club