Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant sheet metal for sale

Some (mostly) 6-14(and whatever else it might fit--ask Norm Toone), sheet metal. I'd say it's rare, but isn't all of it? 1.Left front fender(non-welled) 2.Right rear coupe/roadster fender 3.Right coupe/roadster quarter panel 4. Rear apron over fuel tank 5. Cowl section for a roadster/touring with dash panel and windshield stanchions(no windshield). This was probably from a collegiate roadster as there are no holes in the lower side sections for the stays necessary for supporting side mounts. 6. Right hand front door for a 1929 sedan of some model(has three hinges at the front) I'm not familiar with the 1929 line. All these parts are horrible and would need extensive work, but can be restored and are especially valuable if you don't have anything! Shipping would probably be a nightmare, but I'll crate if necessary. I'm near Portland Oregon Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: Durant sheet metal for sale

How would I know left front non welled fender fits passenger cars 407, 610, 611, 612, 614, 617, 618 ?
Apparently, there is some difference with welled fenders in Leaside aftermarkets not US aftermarket's 407, 614 to serial B4269, 617 And 614 after serial B4269, 618.

Ah the little grey cells kicked in, that's Leaside catalogue and Jan 1 1931 614 starts B4270 and up. 618 is also Canada 1931 / 32. Catalogue is slightly incorrect it should say T4269 which is end of 1930 Leaside vins, Effective Jan 1931 Leaside dropped the T on passenger cars but not Rugby trucks 1930 - 1933. 1931 to end of 1933 was A-P alpha minus I, O which makes sense as they could be seen a 1 or 0 but why N in Fronty's ? M was C-400 and P was C-600. Did they plan another model or upgrade to one of the two. Each upgrade the alpha changed. Perhaps the 685 was going to have an upgrade in 1933 so the K changed to N ? which didn't happen. Always guessing games with Billy's empire.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club