Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Windshield Stanchion

Hello fellow gearheads,
Recently I purchased Reg Bent's 1930 Durant 614 Sport Roadster project. To make a good stab at it I will ask the community if there is a pair of windshield stanchions for sale. As we all know there are make or break components to any projects future, so saying that leads me to this... perhaps the project would serve the community better as parts. Reg has restored the running gear and chassis to exactly where it needs to be. I have driven it around the neighborhood, needless to say camera's and waves everywhere. The appraisal for MTO is almost done, should be in my name officially by next week. I have many spare consumable parts that need to be gone through and they will all become available for the community.
Please give me a call if you have the stanchions @ 613 384 4305 (landline, no text)
Fingers crossed, Thanks in advance. Tim

Where Are You From? Kingston Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614 Sport Roadster

Re: Windshield Stanchion

At our Portland swap meet several years ago I purchased a cowl section only for a 1930 6-14 or 4-07 open car ( I suspect it came from a Collegiate roadster, as it did not have the holes in the side of the mid cowl section where the stabilizing rods would be for the dual side mounts, so it had a rear mounted spare). Anyway it does have the right and left windshield posts that attach to the cowl and nothing else of the windshield assembly.I'm sure the cowls are the same across the models except for the pop-up cowl vent and the dashboard being for an open car. I can dig it out and get a picture if you are interested. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Good morning Ross,
Thanks for taking the time, yes I would be interested. Please send the picture through the email account if that is available. Tim

Tim- I've got a couple of pictures of the roadster stanchions for the 6-14 if you give me your email, Ross

Hi Ross,
jordan.tim4@gmail.com
Thanks, Tim

Tim- Photos sent. The left side picture didn't turn out, but it's in similar condition. Ross

The Durant Motors Automobile Club