Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lance Haynes Needs Help

Lance Haynes is one of the founders of this Durant Club. He was the first president I think.
His health is not very good now, and he is in a bad financial situation.
His mortgage is now in default because he doesn't have the income now to pay his mortgage anymore.
His only income is his social security and the rent from 2 bedrooms in his house which isn't enough.
He's trying to get a HECM reverse mortgage to solve his house problem. If this doesn't work, He'll have to sell his house and live off of the equity somewhere else.

I put in the ad to sell his Durant parts and publications to hopefully help him out a little bit.
If nobody wants to buy them, I'm sure that he will probably offer them to someone in the Durant Club who will come and take them. He will have to dispose of all the parts in his backyard to be able to sell his property.
We would hate to see all the parts go to the junk yard.

Is there anyone in the Club who would be willing to help this man out?

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 63, 1929 Model 60, 1930 Model 407

Re: Lance Haynes Needs Help

Sorry to hear about Lance's situation. I have known Lance for over 20 years. He has helped me and many others over the years with our Durants. In return I have helped him a time or two, and visited him in San Diego a couple of times. Covid hurt his little business, like it did a lot of others, which probably contributed to his current problems.
I sent him a check to help out. I hope things get better for him.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club