Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wanted:Pair of rear brake drum for a 30 614 for wire wheels

Gentlemen:
I wish to inform you that the owner of the frames etc that were pictured on this previous message has passed away. However, most of his stuff is for sale, and some things like these frames, and other items that have been outside for many years are available for sale. His brother will sell them at a very reasonable price, but you have to attend and remove them your self.
His name is Frank, and his phone number is (519) 546-1926 He would be glad to talk to you.
If you are interested in any thing, I would suggest you call, or everything may be cleared out. There is a lot more that you cannot see in these above pictures.

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside, Ontario.

The 32 drivers front drum has a chunk out of it which is why the looking. I went after Frank years ago when he was getting rid of a 618 parts car and he said he had nothing for the 32. (same thing 614 / 618 basically) I went after Frank again when I saw these parts sent to me from a DMAC meet at Ed's asking to buy the drum with the grease cap still on it, since at least six 6 bolt drums just sitting there. Nope. Steve went to the meet and was going to get the (or another) drum for me and get it to his sister in Belleville and I could try to get to her place to pick it up. Again no to Steve from Frank. Now I can't drive far for AMD he's selling parts ?? Guess it all goes for scrap.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

I'm not sure if these will fit, but I have the rear drums from my '29 Model 63 that had the wire spoke wheels.

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 63, 1929 Model 60, 1930 Model 407

The Durant Motors Automobile Club