Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Motometer

I am looking for a motometer for my 1928 Durant M-2. I have seen them advertised on Restoration Supply but I was interested if someone reading this post might have one to sell.

Where Are You From? Arlington, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M-2

Re: Motometer

Hi Gil

You can buy the Junior Motometers at larger Model A suppliers (Mac's), just make sure that you get the plain Boyce dial/face plate rather then the Ford logo....You will also need a radiator cap for the motometer, Model A has a locking hinged (flip top) cap for the Junior size motometer, problem is that the model a caps are for 2 1/4" and your M-2 radiator neck has 2" threads, this can be remedied with a threaded adapter bushing...I do have an extra threaded bushing that I machined a coupla years back if you want to go that route...If you want to spruce it up even more get a set of wings to go between the motometer and cap....Me not proud,one stop shopping, Ha

This is a poor youtube walk around of my little M-2 coupe, you can get an idea of what that set-up looks like...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cDGAY8UrNA

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club