Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Needed

Starter. Any available or where’s the best place to buy one. 1923 Durant touring. 4cyl

Where Are You From? New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Needed

Hi Dave,

I received a forward from you through our DMAC website and the response I sent to you was bounced back...Anyway, You had mentioned that you had issues starting your '23 Durant and that you thought it may be the starter...How is your starter acting and have you had your starter checked out? One reason I ask is that I have found on my '23 Durant that if grease/oil from the back bushing/bearing gets on the brushes and commutator that the starter will have little cranking torque, The brush holders need to be free with spring tention and the brushes need to have good contact with the commutator...Not sure where you might find a good working starter, anything that I may have may not be any better than yours....Oh, you did check your battery condition, your battery cables and connections including your ground and the starter kick switch on the floor?

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: Needed

Thanks so much I will inspect the starter. It just seems sluggish and that may be the problem. I am also looking to buy a new floor kick switch as well. My dad bought this car in 1987 and the switch is from at least that point. Thanks again, Dave Blyler

Where Are You From? New Jersey

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club