Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wanted.... a FRONT AXLE, for my 1926 Durant, with Front Brakes also FRONT SEAT in decent condit

Rick so forgets we continued Durant's into 1932 and Rugby to 1933, plus the Frontenac's also used Steeldraulic brakes. Its like Horton Hears a Who .. we are here .. we are here.

The 1934 (Yankee) United Part Manufacturing Co in Chicago pages on that subject which is why Frontenac is not mentioned.

IMG

IMG-0001

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Re: Wanted.... a FRONT AXLE, for my 1926 Durant, with Front Brakes also FRONT SEAT in decent condit

Thank you.. that is helpful info...... I guess I will have to learn how to Identify axles from the Oakland factory.... Perhaps someone has a chassis or axles from a 1925-1926 Oakland built, Durant or Star.. I will keep my eyes open.... I wonder if Don Shilling as any of these front axles with brakes..? could someone give me his phone# or email address...?

Where Are You From? southern New Mexico

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Durant Huckster

I don't have any front brake axles for the early Durants or any Stars. Do you have an A22 or B22?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Good question Don. If he has a 1926 A22 Durant its rare. Registry has no Lansing or Elizabeth vehicles, two Oakland and one Leaside. Can't be a B22 Durant made Oct 1921 to April 1923.
Wonder if Sunny's vehicle is a 1926 F, M, or R Star which now has Durant Motors name part of the rad crest.
We'd need vin plate info and engine serial. Overhead valve Durant 4 cyl or flat head W5A Star 4 cyl or 14L six cyl.
All to often folks say they have a Durant or Durant Motors vehicle when its a Star.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Don...... I think you might have seen or know about this Huckster, owned by Bruce Butler from Daytona Beach, FL...... I believe it is a 1926 Star made by Durant, very nice looking wooden body... But it has a modern Chevette 4 cylinder engine (75hp) and a 4 speed transmission.... I have not actually bought it yet. I am just preparing to buy it. That is the reason I am asking about front brakes for a 1926 Durant Star... wanting more braking power if I have a truck that will go 55-60 mph. Thus wondering if I could add a different front axle with brakes.... but as I learn more... I hear that the 1926 Star front axle, spindles & hub & wheel bearings are PERHAPS the same as the model T Ford 1926-27 wooden spoke hubs...??? Did Durant & Ford buy their axles from the same manufactures during these years..??? Is this correct...?? and if they are interchangeable.... then I could put the Disc brake Kit that is being made for the model T's on the Star front axle.... giving me much better brakes on the Star Huckster. Anybody know about the model T- Star hub/axle relationship...??

Model T disc Brakes; link: https://www.modeltford.com/item/2565.aspx

Where Are You From? southern New Mexico

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Durant Huckster

The model T axles are NOT interchangeable with Star or any other make as far as I am aware. I've heard of the use of early 50's Chevy truck axles to use on Stars. Anybody have any further details on this?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club