Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need Parts and Info on a 30? 615? Rugby Truck

IMG-1544

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Dave-Nice find. I like how the truck has a mowed area in the cornfield. Doesn't this have to be a 1930 or later truck? It must be heavy duty due to the steel wheels as opposed to the regular passenger car wood spokes. Must have been a stake bed or flat bed. I see it still has a taillamp stalk left! Is it a four or six? The fold out windshield must be for the truck version. I can see potential in this. You'll have the only one on your block.Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Its a 615 or 616 depending on wheelbase. Has the 22A used 1930 to 1933 Rugby 6 cyl. Be a W8A if a 4cyl 406 and 416. (yes a 416 shown in Leaside aftermarkets, that might have been a typing error for 614 Rugby, now turns out to be correct with the surfacing of a 1933 Dominion manual giving models and dates)
If the hood is piano hinge its 1930 if not its 1931 Lansing or 1931 to 1933 Leaside. The dash plate didn't change from the 1930 style, but the hood did. It has Depress Beam headlights which suggest Leaside, as Lansing was Glolite on cars / Rugby's. I tend to think is a 615 1931 and later one and half ton. Cab / bed was probably made by an outside Co with chassis / cowl supplied by the plant. Leaside, Brantford something made the bodies for Can trucks.

We can rebuild her!

Where Are You From? Oshawa, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet!

Must be Canadian … note the rad heater from exhaust pipe. :flag-ca:

IMG-1549-6067

IMG-1552

IMG-1556-6051

IMG-1546-6064

Re: Need Parts and Info on a 30? 615? Rugby Truckat

Here's one you can rebuild Robin. It's just outside Henderson Ont and must have at least one piece off a Billy Durant vehicle. Front axle is not I beam but tubular, upside down for clearance. Has two updraft carbs on it, back to back, one drawing in from back the other drawing in from front. Its a 6 cyl and has the vacuum tank plus cam operated fuel pump on the engine. Front horns have .a place to hold a twin bar bumper. Couldn't identify anything on it. Might be PM. Justin Trudeau's personal limo he's thinking of loaning Donald Trump ha ha.

Whatever

Found it again .. Leaside supplied chassis and Canada Carriage and Body Company of Brantford, Ontario, did bodies on the Rugby's.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club