Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starter

Not sure if this is any help but refers to Ford A and T sleeve which required special tools to install. Unknown if the T one fits our cars. Hopefully the catalogue you bought will provide clues what parts on various makes fit our vehicles. They were assembled cars using parts other makes used. Chevy taillights, Chevy heat sensor for the 1930 D, Dodge / Plymouth / Graham Paige beehive taillight lense, Essex door handles,. headlight lenses, Ford T split rims and so on. Yes have Rick add more info to the tech page. There's a project for someone to compile what parts fit our vehicles. Fuel pump was another Frank said.

Macs Ford
Model T Starter Bendix Head Sleeve, 1919-1927 Part # 16-55682-1
None listed for the A

https://modelagarage.com/service_bulletin/service-bendix-sleeve/

SERVICE BENDIX SLEEVE

As the standard Bendix sleeve cannot be installed without special equipment, it has been necessary heretofore to replace the complete shaft assembly when the sleeve was broken.

To eliminate this condition, we are now supplying special service sleeves, which can be easily installed in your own shop.

Sleeve A-11357-A is for use with the present A-11350-C starter drive.

Sleeve A-11357-BR is for use with A-11350-DR service starter drive.

Sleeve T-2008 is for use with the Model T starter drive.

To install the new sleeve, place it on the shaft so that tongue “A” (see Fig. 809) in sleeve is directly over groove “B” on shaft, then, with a screw driver or small chisel, press the tongue firmly into the groove.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

From what I have been able to figure out it appears that the Ford T and A sleeve fits a.starter with 1/2" shaft. Of course ours is 5/8". I don't know if this is true for all the Ford T and A starters. I will hopefully know much more.once I get the Bendix catalog in hand. I have a complete Bendix drive for a Ford T, it looks identical in every aspect except it is for a 1/2" shaft. I tried to bore it, but it is to hard to do so.

As I told the wife, I love having a Durant, but a Ford model A would be so much easier, however being the oddball at the car show is more fun. LOL

Where Are You From? Mount Pleasant, IA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 D-55 Coupe

After much searching, I have finally come up with a replacement starter drive for the Autolite MZ-4012 starter on the Continental 14L engine. It is an Accurate Starter Drive part number 3-121C.

Where Are You From? Mount Pleasant, IA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 D-55 Coupe

there is a company advanced electrical rebuilders in michagan that rebuilds starters and generators for old cars they might be able to help

Where Are You From? orlando,fl

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club