Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone getting this email reply?

I have just gotten 2 "email" responses to a couple different parts wanted posts from this column...
Is this guy on the take?

HI,

I saw your needed part and i will like to tell you i have the part
available for sale.
I've some parts am selling out in excellent working condition.
Are you still interested in buying ?
looking forward to read from you.

Thanks
Willi

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: Anyone getting this email reply?

(This guy is copying our subject and pasting to an email with the above text.)

Subject: M2/M4/M40 Combination Coupe, I need a pair of Steering Column Bushings or a source for the bushings
Date: 2/18/2018 12:13:49 PM Pacific Standard Time

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Yep. I got one from an old post asking for a Broadcaster horn. I asked for photos and he has not responded. I don't trust the broken english!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The wording used would indicate to me it's a scam.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Yes, I got it also. "Was I still looking for a 22A, 40A fan hub. I have many of these" Deleted it right a way.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Yes. I received a similar email. It surely looks like a scam to me!

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Hey Everyone;
This is a SCAM! Do not reply and DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY! The AACA has had people like this trolling the sites to say they have your part. They want you to send them a money order or wire via Western Union, which is untraceable and your out the money. These bottom feeders usually lurk on all the sites and when they see someone wanting a part, they say they have it. I too got two emails from this guy and obviously the spelling was off etc. Also what's the chance of someone who does not leave his last name of address or phone number having the DURANT part you need. A couple of years ago Jack Connor had a guy respond to his email for a Flint part. The guy lived in Florida. I checked him out and the address he gave was to an older Hispanic individual who lived next door to a family with a bad history who matched the name. I think the guy wanted $150 for the Flint part. He wasn't a club member, we never heard of him and the information didn't check out. If Jack had sent the money, the older neighbor who was probably innocent, would have received the mail with the check and thought someone had made a mistake and probably taken the envelope over to the guy next door. Jack would have been out the $150. That guy never had the part. Always ask for a phone number, speak to the seller and get a feeling for him. Don't send to PO Boxes if you can help it and don't send via Western Union, it cannot be traced to anyplace other than the pickup point. Anyone with the code can show up at any Western Union location with the "code" and pick up the cash. Offer to use PayPal or some other means to pay, at least there is a trace. Even if you write the person a check and he cashes it, if it's out of state are you going to deal with prosecution for say $150 or so dollars in another state to get the guy. Time and money will just make you write it off. BUYER BEWARE ALL THE TIME.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

The Durant Motors Automobile Club