Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted door posts

I need whatever goes into these door posts on my 1931 Model 619.

Rick

door_post

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

Re: Wanted door posts

Good question and cut away diagram of the body in the sales brochure for the 614 doesn't show any wood. 1930 - 32 Durant and 31 - 32 Fronty body's should all be same construction with the metal posts and Budd steel doors.
Since Lance rebuilt Charlie's 619 with pic's in Photo section and it still had the fabric covering on the posts, perhaps he can tell you.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Rick:
I believe that I am looking at the post from the Inside of the vehicle. The 619 is the same as the 31 - 32 Frontenac.
On our car, when we had it re-upholstered, there was a panel replaced on each post. The panel was heavy multilayered cardboard ( similar to door panel material) then a layer of underlay material of some sort, covered by the upholstery material with the round door seals on each edge. This whole piece was held on by fasteners which were secured on the inner surface of the cardboard and went through the holes as indicated on your door post (3/16 " holes) The posts themselves are hollow. The ground wire for the interior light goes under the headliner and down the right hand pillar. Also the RH pillar has the interior light switch.
The fasteners are the ones that snap in and are difficult to remove.

Hope this helps you out. Doesn't look as if there is anything wrong with your posts. Just no upholstery.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Limited, Leaside, Ontario

Gordon is describing my 619 doorpost. However, I don't think the upholsterer ever saw the original. Mine has no switch on either post, but it is a plain jane 619. The domelight switch is on the light. The upholsterer put heavy piping on each side and the cardboard strip is even all the way down - no taper narrowing in the middle matching the post. It looks good that way.

Where Are You From? IA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 31 model 619

The Durant Motors Automobile Club