Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 19-inch Wire Wheels Wanted

Jeremy, sorry I did not get back to you. Medical problems got in the way. I know of a parts car in Alberta that might have the wheels. I will get back to you by phone.
Regards, Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Gary
When you are checking about a wheel. I'm looking for a front fender support (left) for a DeVaux style car.

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? a-22, b-22, 633

Hey Gary! Thanks for looking into it for us. To clarify, it is my father, Bill, you have spoken to on the hone and me here on the forum.

Thanks again,
Jeremy

Where Are You From? Long Beach, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

hello is this the car that was in la puente calif about 40 years ago
dave 909 918 7171

Where Are You From? so calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 devaux

Nope. We've had it since the early 70's and it came from Kern County where we have some land. Funny story actually. My dad knew about it sitting in a barn and there were rumors that Merle Haggard was buying up land in the area. My dad bought the car from the original owner "just in case". The land never sold and the barn fell down years ago. But we still have the car!

i hope your wheel hunt is sucessful,if not theres a 31 dodge wheel that is 19 inch with the same lug bolt pattern and the same size opening for the hubcap,the only difference id the dodge wheels have adjustable spokes while the devaux had riveted spokes,if someone has a hollander interchange manual maybe they could look it up for you , hope this helps,i believe i have one of the dodge wheels if you want to compare it dave

Where Are You From? so calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 devaux

Good to know. Thanks!

Jeremy: I just made contact with the man that has parted a DeVaux. I will keep you and your dad posted. Gary

Thanks again, Gary! Keep us posted.

Jeremy: I just got a E-mail today from the man in the Edmonton area. He is using the one parted car for good parts needed for the other 2. He has only one wheel to spare. He tossed all the bad shocks. Will be still looking. Gary

I just was offered a DeVaux parts car that was on the Registry. The body wood is all gone but I get 4 good door handles, taillight assembly and the hood support. I can only get one 19" wheel. All the rest have been changed. Can someone give me the measurements (bead to bead) for the 19". Bob: did you want a support for a front fender? All fenders have welds on them. Daryl J. has taken the hulk home and I was thinking that a fender for the Continentals he has might be the same. Norm: When he gets the years of mud off the engine, I can get a engine number for you. On the Registry we do have the Hayes body number.
Gary

Hi Gary .. we do ? vin is ?? Looking at the Conny / Deveux aftermarket it appears fenders are 675 / 680 only except for rears which are 675 or 680, Ace has its, Beacon has its, and Flyer has its. Same with lights except some 675 have their own.

Haven't heard from Daryl J for a long time. Still waiting for info on his other than Ace's cars he provided for the Registry.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club