Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted front axle spindles with tie rod arms 1923 Star and a Rear hub puller WTB

We are looking for good condition(bearing surface and threads and unbent, we don't care about external metal pitting) pair of frnt. axle spindles with tie rod arms if possible, suitable for the 1923 Star with no front brakes and straight( no drop) axle, with old king pins included if possible.

We would like to keep our very humble '23 Star touring road-able or on it's feet) and rebuild a set of spindles to swap in as to not have the car apart for who knows how long.
Possibly and entire front axle beam too( known to be straight).

Also does any one have and a spare rear wheel hub puller to sell ! that fits the Star - Durant wood wheel hubs...
I've inquire to that old guy MacMurty who makes new ones and I get no reply in months.
A vent ! I'm not gonnna a send some old hobby business cluck 200 bucks blindly to paypal not knowing how long it takes or to a wannabe business(if still in business) I get no response through an email or phone call.
It's only takes one long morning to make a hub puller if you know how and have the raw stock on hand!
Your are either on top of your game or not and run a business nor not! Full time or part time.

Where Are You From? Ct

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring

Re: Wanted front axle spindles with tie rod arms 1923 Star and a Rear hub puller WTB

David, I sent you an email on the parts you are looking for.

Where Are You From? Scituate, RI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1920 Dort Roadster 1924 Star Touring 1923 Star Speedster

Re: Wanted front axle spindles with tie rod arms 1923 Star and a Rear hub puller WTB

Thanks to Bob De,.... I will be making a trip soon to hopefuly get his offering to help me out with front end parts.

Where Are You From? Ct

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring

Hi Bob,
Do you by chance have a hub puller to remove the wooden wheels on a 1928 Durant.
Thanks

Alan

Where Are You From? UK

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES a D40

The Durant Motors Automobile Club