Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted: Steering Column Bushings

For my M2/M4/M40 Combination Coupe, I need a pair of Steering Column Bushings or a source for the bushings or material to make them from.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

Re: Wanted: Steering Column Bushings

Bill,
If you are referring to the bushing at the bottom of the steering column I made mine out of
a piece of UHMW ( Ultra High Molecular Weigh Polyethylene ). I purchased it from Northern Plastics in Salmon Arm BC.
Worked out very nicely.
I have a piece left that I can mail to you. Let me know what size you need and I will check what I have.

Where Are You From? Kamloops BC Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star (being restored to a delivery service van)

Re: Wanted: Steering Column Bushings

Hi Ken,

Yes, there is a bushing both at the top and bottom of the steering column tube...I ran across a piece of 1 1/2" Delrin Rod that I had purchaced from McMasters for another project today and read the properties and they are quite similar to the UHMW...I will see how this stuff works out and if I get in trouble I'll get back with you....Thanks for the heads-up and the offer.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes , several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club