Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant boattail speedster

Hello,

I'm just wondering is Durant ever manufactured this model? I'm interested in purchasing this car which is labeled Durant Boat Tail Speedster but haven't been able to locate any information on this car.

Thank you

Where Are You From? Toronto

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: Durant boattail speedster

Sean;
There are others more knowledgeable than me in the club and maybe they will chime in. As far as I know Durant never made a boat tail car. Probably what you have is someone who took a touring car and due to the damage or rust in the back end, created the boat tail speedster look. If you could get the data plate information off the cowl it will tell you where the car was made and should tell you the original model type.

Mike like you said there is nothing to say we ever built a boat tail speedster. There were co's that you could buy those bodies from or make one up on your own.

Not sure what car Sean refers to. I did see pics of one long ago up the Quebec side of the Ottawa River, but it was just a home made thing. If Sean is referring to eBay 121570495644 not much left of the orig car other than the vin plate saying it was a 1928 M2 E 14991 made in Elizabeth plant. This has been on eBay before. This also is a home made toy and perhaps the frame, crest, cut front bumper, rear bumperette's and vin plate is all that remains of a sedan / coupe.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

To my knowledge they never built one from the factory - but I have one that was built about 15 years ago from a guy in PA. Steel body, racing fenders, 5 Dayton wire wheels. Original engine, 60s truck transmission. Now working on a starter issue, but runs good. 4 wheel mechanical brakes.

http://s227.photobucket.com/user/shawnlancaster1/library/

Where Are You From? Massachusetts

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Durant Boat Tail Speedster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club