Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking at a Durant for sale

I'm looking at this Durant for sale about 11 hours away from me that is going to need to have a new roof put in it. The current owner tells me that he has the old ribs to use to install the roof. How hard of a job is it and how easy will it be to find period correct materials to do the roof and headliner correctly? He has already had the body off the frame and blasted and painted the frame plus his wife sanded and re-varnished the wheels on which he put 5 new wheels. It sounds like a well started project for me to finish.
He did say that he thought it had a thrown rod. Is there anywhere I can buy an engine overhaul kit for the 6 cylinder? And, is there good manuals to use for the rebuild? Thanks to everyone for your help on this.
May you all have a blessed and safe holiday season,
Gene

Where Are You From? Northeast Tennessee

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet but hoping!

Re: Looking at a Durant for sale

What year and model car is it?
Durant? Star?

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Looking at a Durant for sale

I'm sorry, I forgot that part. It is a 29 4-door 6 cylinder. I do not know the model number and the guy I talked to was not very knowledgeable about it. He is asking $4500 in its current condition and I think that is a little high since I already know the engine is going to have to be built. But, on the other hand, I have not really found any other Durant's out there available that were in my price range and similar condition. I am hoping that an engine kit will not break me. Gene

Where Are You From? Northeast Tennessee

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet but hoping!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club