Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a Durant for sale

Hello all and happy holidays to you:
I am not currently a member but plan to be one soon. I am searching for a Durant to purchase. I would be interested in a 6 cylinder, four door model from 1930 and later. I had rather have an original not restored model and am not concerned if the engine runs or not as long as it is free to turn by hand. I can fix mechanics, wiring, and interior easily if needed. I would like for the body to be straight without welds in the fenders like the last one I looked at that was in "good shape". If you have one or know of one please contact me through my e-mail and let me know what you have and we can talk. I would prefer to find one close enough to be within a days drive of East TN but would consider shipping it if I find a good car and deal.

Merry Christmas to all and I wish you a blessed and safe holiday season,

Gene

Where Are You From? Northeast Tennessee

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet but hoping!

Re: Looking for a Durant for sale

Hi Gene.

I have a Durant that i have been thinking of selling. I can get pictures if you are interested.

I believe it is a 1930. It is a 4 door. It has wood spoke wheels. It has a 4 cylinder.
I don't know a lot about these but is seems to be complete and in decent shape... In need of a restoration.

thanks

Bert

Where Are You From? Idaho

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: Looking for a Durant for sale

Bert,

I'd be glad to have you send me pictures of your car. I'd be most interested in pictures (if you have them) of all four sides, interior plus gauges, and both sides of engine. I would also like your assessment of the condition of the engine, interior wood, electrical, and sheet metal. Finally, I would need to know how much you want for this $1000 car .

Gene
gene@grhouse.org

Where Are You From? Northeast Tennessee

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet

The Durant Motors Automobile Club