Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Auto for sale on ebay.

I have listed my car on ebay for sale. 1930 Durant,614 sedan/coach.

Go to ebay link on this website for pictures and description.

ebay id251562350877

Where Are You From? Toronto Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant

Re: Auto for sale on ebay.

Jim, you have competition with another 1930 614 coach on EBay 371086186909
VIN is just slightly higher than yours.
He's calling it a 1931 but can't be with that dash and 1930 VINs going to L 30000 so early part of 1930. Says be picked it up in PA and wonder if its one of the two Gary K sold a couple of years ago. That's at least seven we know about.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hey Norm, if your talking about the black 4 door coach currently on Ebay, not too much competition for Jim's. Jim's car is in great shape and we had the pleasure of seeing it several years ago when Jim would bring it to some of our meets. Jim's car is ready to roll and will roll very fine. We've wondered what happened to you Jim we missed you at many events since the last time you attended. The one that is on Ebay unrestored would be a fine restoration project for someone as it appears to be a complete and nicely equipped car. It will be interesting to find out when Steve and you Norm get all the statistics together to see what type of production number we have for the 614's. There seems to be a lot of these left as they turn up much more often than the previous years. Good luck Jim with the sale of the car, hate to see you get rid of it, once a Durantonian always a Durantonian I say, but understand issues do come up.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Yes Mike, your right. The older the cars and we get, the more they seem to come out of the woodwork. No one has seen or heard of models, then one appears. Then another. Thought we scoured the backwoods in the 60 / 70's looking for cars and parts.
Mind you we don't know what is hidden away right under our nose in the city. I heard a few years back on the other side of Ottawa, in an old warehouse is two or three 28 / 29 Durant's. No one now recalls exactly where that is. In the late 60's I didn't know until a few years later there was a 1909 Ford touring two streets from me (at the time) and another big brass era touring car in a garage about two blocks from the first one. You could just see the touring top through the small garage door windows as you drove past the 2nd. No idea what that one was.
While working for MetLife HO uptown I was looking for brass rods to hold a T windshield up from rad to middle of folding window sides. Someone suggested I call Ottawa Brass to see if they had something close. That was only 3 blocks from Met. Walked down and was told that was their last day as City was knocking down the last two buildings there. Yes got the rods and wish had known before about the place. They sold a T touring from a shed behind the building two days before. Place was full of brass era lights, horns, and parts, all gone for garbage in the 70's. I bought a pair of solid brass square sided side lights for $1 each, I still have. There were sorts of bale handled lights. Would have loved to root though the rooms to see what treasures lurked there.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club